hf1

Blueberry deluxe?

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Blueberry deluxe?

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Anyone tried them, are they like PUL or cotton laminated outers?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Blueberry deluxe?

Postby Shevi » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:15 pm

they feel like fuzzi's or bg's...just are prettier!
certainly not cotton

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 pm

They are very similar to bumgenius, the only real differences are that they are way prettier but the tabs aren't as soft or stretchy as the bg.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm

our BG's V2 (preloved in perfect nick) now look V scruffy, do you think these would get scruffy quickly too? might be washing abuse on my part but they are bobbled and vlecro is grey and are just plain scruffy

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't think the BB will wera as badly as the BG do, the tabs are diferent and I think they will look nicer for longer.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:57 pm

I have the swaddlebees econappi which is supposed to be the same as the BB deluxe (Swaddlebees and BB same company) and they are PUL outers - but only have them since yesterday so cant comment on how they wear. They feel and look very similar to the BGs, practically the same shape, but there is a popper option which means no velcro tabs to go grey or to catch and cause pulls on the nappy. Oh and I have a pink one which is a much prettier shade of pink than the BG, and the pink martini spots one which isnt as nice as I thought it would be but again prettier than the BG is.

However, after 2 washes the nappy leaked very badly - the insert didnt absorb any wee and was practically dry although the booster I had on top of it was sodden, so it will have to have a fair few washes before its up to holding a wee.

Sadie xx

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:02 am

thanks folks, so expensive, but so yummy looking....

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 am

eviesmummy wrote:I have the swaddlebees econappi which is supposed to be the same as the BB deluxe (Swaddlebees and BB same company) and they are PUL outers - but only have them since yesterday so cant comment on how they wear. They feel and look very similar to the BGs, practically the same shape, but there is a popper option which means no velcro tabs to go grey or to catch and cause pulls on the nappy. Oh and I have a pink one which is a much prettier shade of pink than the BG, and the pink martini spots one which isnt as nice as I thought it would be but again prettier than the BG is.
However, after 2 washes the nappy leaked very badly - the insert didnt absorb any wee and was practically dry although the booster I had on top of it was sodden, so it will have to have a fair few washes before its up to holding a wee.
Sadie xx

If the insert is the same one as the blueberry one-size hemp and MF one, then I would say, it's wonderful to have the combo, but we always add a small hemp booster as well. The BB one-size combo inserts are great, but there aren't really that many layers of hemp.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:08 am

Rae wrote:
eviesmummy wrote:I have the swaddlebees econappi which is supposed to be the same as the BB deluxe (Swaddlebees and BB same company) and they are PUL outers - but only have them since yesterday so cant comment on how they wear. They feel and look very similar to the BGs, practically the same shape, but there is a popper option which means no velcro tabs to go grey or to catch and cause pulls on the nappy. Oh and I have a pink one which is a much prettier shade of pink than the BG, and the pink martini spots one which isnt as nice as I thought it would be but again prettier than the BG is.
Sadie xx

If the insert is the same one as the blueberry one-size hemp and MF one, then I would say, it's wonderful to have the combo, but we always add a small hemp booster as well. The BB one-size combo inserts are great, but there aren't really that many layers of hemp.

The insert is the big long one that folds in 3 - organic cotton velour to be the top layer to absorb the wee quickly and the next 2 layers hemp but as you say its not many layers of hemp and is quite slim so will definatley have to use a booster or another insert with it. It seems like its going to take a good few more washes to bring its absorbancy up but going to use the nappies with other inserts in the meantime.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies