hf1

Leaky Fuzzi Bunz

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Leaky Fuzzi Bunz

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:01 am

I'm asking for my sister. Finley has outgrown a lot of his size 1 nappies that were 2 parters.

Nicola has started to use the fuzzis (small) but is finding they are leaking out the side after 1 hour. Any tips much appreciated. I didn't use cloth until Erin was 9 months so don't know!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: Leaky Fuzzi Bunz

Postby beck » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:23 am

Is she making sure his weewee isn't pointing off to the side? She may be overstuffing, are they a good fit around the legs? I also found that adding a mf booster good for quickly soaking up all the little wees. has she used fabric softner or too much detergent by accident?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Is she doing them up too tight - sometimes we get leaks when they are just too tight, or at least that is what I think the problem might have been with us. Is there something else with the mf to stop all the wee squishing out?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:32 pm

What is she stuffing them with? It could be that just a mf insert isn't quite absorbent enough?

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:21 pm

we have exactly the same issues, after outgrowing our teeny tiny two parters and xs fuzzi's our small just leak, only adding an easy peasy hemp booster worked to stop leaks after a hour however, nothing stops poo escaping from our small fuzzi's, xs small were totally reliable but small just don't seem to work, we'll try again in a few weeks time when they might fit on somthing other than the smallest setting.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:01 am

Perhaps he is in between sizes? I find that happens with popper nappies alot, and you cant get a great fit for a couple of weeks then they fit great for a while, then they dont fit perfectly again when the bub has grown a bit. Also if he is weeing out one side as Beck said is his wee man pointing to this side? And is she putting a bit of extra boosting at the front of the nappy to catch the wee too? Or again, is she overstuffing them so the leg hole could be a bit gapey?

Sadie xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies