hf1

Oops... first time with poppers

My avatar
Anig
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Oops... first time with poppers

Postby Anig » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:47 pm

I put Lucas in a large AIO Swaddlebees popper nappy for the first time. I had also put a thin microfibre cloth folded in three down ito the pocket. As I put it on, I noted how trim it was and wondered what it would contain. I was feeding him in his high chair when he got that familiar expression :) and as soon as he was finished, I got him out to change.

Turns out we had a blowout out of the front of his left leg hole. I've never used poppers before, so could this be down to user error? Is it okay to fasten one side of poppers tighter than the other, or does this make the nappy lopsided? Lucas had both sides of poppers on the middle setting.

I cold rinsed the nappy for staining, and put it in my nappy bucket but then realised I don't even know if I'm supposed to do the rinse thing. :shock: I don't feel like I know much about cloth nappies. :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Oops... first time with poppers

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Not sure really - I've not used that nappy myself but sometimes we do find ourselves between popper settings...

I know there are a few people who don't get on with the swaddlebees pockets or AIOs and it could just be that it's too slim between the legs to contain an explosion?

Sometimes I do fasten on different settings each side but it depends on the nappy really...

It's up to you if you want to rinse it, you don't have to but it's a personal choice really :)

Hope someone who has used this nappy can help you out :)

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:10 pm

Do you know you can fasten popperson an angle eg no 1 leg poppers together and no 2 waist poppers together to ensure a snug fit at leg and tum. :babyroll:
Absorbancy will be better after washing for first time - though sitting in chair is not the best position for good containment for any nappy! :babyrolleyes:
I don't find them too narrow between the legs, i've seen other nappies described as too wide - so you cant win there it would seem. :?
Only problem i had was the the SB AIO takes ages to dry - but turning inside out can help. :idea:

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:15 pm

we have one swaddlebee pocket that couldn't contain a bad mood let alone a blow out poo, we need wide between the legs! Different strokes though...

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies