hf1

Happy Heinys help

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Happy Heinys help

Postby Cj2011 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:55 pm

I bought some lovely Happy Heinys pockets but when I put them on Caoimhe some of the lining is showing so they leak after a little while. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Happy Heinys help

Postby Louise » Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

What are the outers made of? If they are cotton then unfortunately wicking is common for many people. We couldn't use cotton outer pockets at all without leaks.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:04 pm

The fleece liner is supposed to roll out around the legs - this shouldnt cause leaking.

Like Louise says, if the outer is made of cotton then this may wick, or the nappy may leak around the legs if it is a bad fit or there isn't enough stuffing inside.

Good luck :-)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Do you mean the fleece or the PUL lining showing? I only have one fleece lined PUL print outer nappy and we get no leaks. I use bamboo & hemp inserts.

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks everyone, they're the cotton outer ones so I guess thats the problem. Would using a better insert/booster make any difference or will they still wick? Shame cos they are cute prints :(

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed May 04, 2011 11:03 pm

we bought a few Happy Heineys when DD was small as I loved them when we trialled them, but we never got on with them and they always leaked - I sold them all in the end :-(

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks, I've only pre-washed them a couple of times so I know they'll get a bit more absorbent. I'll give them another go and see how we get on. I'm starting to think nothing beats BG.

My avatar
m86
Clothie
Clothie

Postby m86 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:53 am

I just bought a bundle myself, as DD was growing out of her totsbots. But since its for use in daycare, Im a bit nervous about the wicking... I know they will hate the nappies, if it means they have to change her every other hour to avoid getting soaked.

But just to be sure... The problem isn't the fleece inner showing around the legs, its the outer material thats the problem? Because then I might just send the lot with cotton outer back, if they wick no matter what you stuff them with.

Any one else who has experience with HH?
(And sorry for inteferring your post :oops: Have the same problems, so hopefully we can get some useful tips :wink: )

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 pm

We used pul outer happy heinys very successfully, I liked that they are sized so the large fit her comfortably well up to potty training and we used it at night till she was almost 3 (dry at night but she liked the security). Cotton outers always wicked for us regardless of make.

If you like print outers have you looked at fuzzis or pocket bots? Again with pocket bots you need to avoid the cotton outers

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies