hf1

Pocket/aio?

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Pocket/aio?

Postby Dandelion » Sat May 14, 2011 7:30 pm

What is the difference between and all in one/two and a pocket nappy? thanks!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Pocket/aio?

Postby megansmummy » Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 am

:wave:

Pocket, empty nappy that you completely stuff to your requirements. Some examples... fuzzi bunz, bumgenius one size, weenotions one size, weenotions side snap etc...

All in one, are pre-stuffed so you just take it off and on like a disposable. Examples... tots bots easyfits, bumgenius organic all in one,

All in 2, are an outer shell with snap in soakers that can be changed without having change the outer shell unless its dirty. So you take the soaker out and put a clean one in the same outer shell.
Some examples... weenotions AI2, weehuggers etc :)

Hope that helps!

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Dandelion » Sun May 15, 2011 8:58 am

thank you! :-)

Sooo.. a pocket nappy is very similar to an all in two? as in, you remove the booster?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun May 15, 2011 9:15 am

A pocket nappy you have to change the whole thing each nappy Change because the booster goes into the 'pocket' and baby wee's through the inside fabric of therapy and through to the booster...

With the AI2, there is no inner layer its just outer shell with snaps for you to attach the soaked/booster so in theory that's the only bit that gets wet so you can change the soaker without changing the outer shell

Does that make sense?

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Dandelion » Sun May 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Aaahh okay.. which would you recommend? I like the look of the all in two's, with the removable booster x

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 am

Yep Tory has explained it very well.

I personally prefer pockets, because I like to be able to stuff them with whichever inserts I like, and I have to boost them quite well as my little man is a bit of a mega pee-er, and Lilly is a bit like that too. Also pockets are quicker to dry because they come apart, whereas AIOs take quite a long time.

Some people do like the simplicity of all in ones and AI2s though, also I suppose you could say that with AI2s, you coukd save money if you replace the inserts and reuse the outer shell (although I never did this).

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies