hf1

Bumgenius advice pls

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Bumgenius advice pls

Postby gem1981 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:26 pm

I'd like to try the bumgenius v3, but I reckon it would be cheaper to order from USA, could someone please tell me:
a. if it will work out any cheaper after postage?
b. where I could order from that will send to UK?
Thanks ladies
Gem xxx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Bumgenius advice pls

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:27 pm

I've never taken the risk of ordering anything from abroad incase I get stung with customs charges, as Royal Mail add on £8 to whatever it is.

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Really I didn't know that. I have ordered several times from Green kids and not been hit but must have got lucky. I always feel so bad about the air miles though takes the edge of the fluff buzz :hohoho:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 pm

I think that you might find it hard to get a supplier to ship BGs out of the US as the manufacturer of BGs doesnt allow it anymore. I might be wrong though, but I am sure I read this a while ago.

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:37 am

eviesmummy wrote:I think that you might find it hard to get a supplier to ship BGs out of the US as the manufacturer of BGs doesnt allow it anymore. I might be wrong though, but I am sure I read this a while ago.

You're right, they won't ship outside USA

Gem xxx

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 am

I've just been looking on ebay and there are some being sold in US with prices to ship to UK. There's one with a BIN price of $130/£66 for six v3.0 BGs inc inserts. P&P is $34.50, so about £18, but as others have said, that doesn't include custom charges.

My avatar
sarahbiles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sarahbiles » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:58 am

Just to say if you buy off ebay - your guarantee will be void,so if you have any problems with the Bg's you're stuck with them. :cry:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 am

sarahbiles wrote:Just to say if you buy off ebay - your guarantee will be void,so if you have any problems with the Bg's you're stuck with them. :cry:

Thought there'd be a hitch!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:50 pm

Before blueberry cracked down on exports I ordered some from the US but was lucky enough to escape customs but it's hit and miss really :D

We've got one of each type of BG V1 V2 and V3 and there doesn't seem to be any performance difference between them :roll:

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies