hf1

Pockets that last to potty training? Reccomendations?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Pockets that last to potty training? Reccomendations?

Postby mudita » Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has reccomendations for a pocket (or AIO) btp nappy that will actually last till potty training? My DS1 wasn't dry until 3yrs 2 months, and about 36lb but he was in disposables from 18months when he started nursery (though we are using a Minki Yoyo L at night for the odd accident). For my second I have higher hopes of continuing with cloth all the way through, so, I'd be interested to get some feedback. DS1 was of average build, probably on the taller side of average, never very chunky in the thighs/belly, so am expecing pretty much the same for my second (Due at end of June). I plan to use 2-parters at night, so only am looking for day-nappy suggestions and as he will be in nursery I want to stick with pockets or AIO, and ideally btp ones, but I do have a bundle of fuzzi bunz M and L already.

Thanks!

Lisa

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Pockets that last to potty training? Reccomendations?

Postby Shaunie » Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Lisa,

My DS2 is on the verge of pt'ing and is tall and chunky! BG v4 are supposed to be quite big and I find Happy Heiny one-size big with a good rise, as are the baba&boo series 2 pockets that we recently tested. Other one-sise nappies are too small for us but I'm sure others will have suggestions too.

Hello from Leicester also :wave:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Blueberries are fab! They're the only BTP pockets which still fit my DD at 3, and they're really reliable.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon May 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Our medium fuzzis fit Martha to potty training. We outgrew BGs. I *think* our blueberries fit ok too. I really liked sized nappies tho and would sell on and buy again so didn't have that many BTPs

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Happy Heiny were the only ones that fit Megan when she pt'd :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Medium fuzzies lasted here as well as did BG x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Baba + Boo series 2 are a great size and a really great price too :thumbsup:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Tue May 17, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will keep my eyes open as I browse the classifieds now!

Lisa

My avatar
Milanogirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Milanogirl » Wed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Mommy's touch lasted DS all the way to potty training. He is a chunky lad and when buying pockets I asked for advice on which were the "largest". BG and also Green Kids were recommended. Have to say that the BG and GB weren't quite so good as they were aplix and just didn't seem to stay on so well, but I know that other people swear by aplix.

Rosie, xx

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies