hf1

PUL question - where am I going wrong

My avatar
pancakekam
Clothie
Clothie

PUL question - where am I going wrong

Postby pancakekam » Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 pm

OK first off do I have to use powder to wash the nappies? ALso I have noticed that on nappies that re under 20 in cost (Sorry - am tired... cheaper nappies like the BG's, Fuzzi, it hasn't happened on the WN or the BB have not had this happen). the PUL has gone tacky and squeaky but not affected the shape of the nappy. PUL on the la and rumparoo went totally the lala was almost like clingfilm.

I tend to use liquid cold rinse (30 delicates I have nothing cooler I don't think)
then up to 60 on synthetics
the a few cold rinses
I line dry everything at the mo but in winter I tumble the inserts only and line dry the outers.

Thanks! :hug:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: PUL question - where am I going wrong

Postby monsterm » Tue May 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Every now & then PUL benefits from being put in the dryer. It seals the PUL. I would stick them in. They don't need long, 5-10 mins is fine. Powder is the better option as liquid leaves more residue. Liquid is also very bad for your machine.

My avatar
pancakekam
Clothie
Clothie

Re: PUL question - where am I going wrong

Postby pancakekam » Tue May 24, 2011 9:30 pm

monsterm wrote:Every now & then PUL benefits from being put in the dryer. It seals the PUL. I would stick them in. They don't need long, 5-10 mins is fine. Powder is the better option as liquid leaves more residue. Liquid is also very bad for your machine.

Thank you! xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies