Ecover and PUL fabric?

My avatar
william_and_matilda
Clothie
Clothie

Ecover and PUL fabric?

Postby william_and_matilda » Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Someone just told me that ecover is bad for PUL fabric - that it weakens it? :(

Have you heard this? What detergent do you use for your pockets and PUL wraps?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ecover and PUL fabric?

Postby ladybird » Fri May 27, 2011 12:45 pm

I would think every detergent is 'bad' for PUL. I used to use Ecover powder when we used PUL and didn't ever notice a problem.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Fri May 27, 2011 12:51 pm

I found it built up in my nappies - made them a funny texture and a bit smelly but no probs with PUL here. I last used it when DS was a baby, he's five now so they may have improved the formulation since then.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 27, 2011 3:00 pm

kermitgirl wrote:I found it built up in my nappies - made them a funny texture and a bit smelly but no probs with PUL here. I last used it when DS was a baby, he's five now so they may have improved the formulation since then.

It is still rotten smellling, leave residue which makes nappies smell like they have poo in them and in general is isn't good for nappies at all x

My avatar
william_and_matilda
Clothie
Clothie

Postby william_and_matilda » Fri May 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
kermitgirl wrote:I found it built up in my nappies - made them a funny texture and a bit smelly but no probs with PUL here. I last used it when DS was a baby, he's five now so they may have improved the formulation since then.

It is still rotten smellling, leave residue which makes nappies smell like they have poo in them and in general is isn't good for nappies at all x

See, I've never had any issues with it - certainly not an unpleasant smell. I love that it deoesn't have any perfumes, so that's a plus.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Fri May 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Image This caught my eye in Tescos this week and thought I'd give it another go. I always wanted to love it. I will continue using Simply for my nappies though. Method is pretty good and less fragranced than most.

My avatar
NaturalNursery
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby NaturalNursery » Fri May 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Some of our suppliers do specifically say don't use Ecover. I used it last time round and didn't have any problems but perhaps I was just lucky.

Axx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies