hf1

leaky pockets

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

leaky pockets

Postby gem1981 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Daisy seems to be leaking in all her pocket nappies at the moment! I'm having to change her clothes all the time. We have happy heinys, fuzzis and drybees. Shes in size small and is around 12lb. I've been stuffing with 1 microfibre cloth (from Asda). Should I be using more? Do the cloths need washing a few times to improve absorbancy?
I'm wondering whether pockets just dont suit her. She is ok with bambino mio's and motherease. Pockets are so pretty though, I really dont want to give up with them just yet.
Any suggestions please?
Gem xxx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: leaky pockets

Postby beck » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Yes she will def need more stuffing try adding some hemp or bamboo and put the mf inserts on top in the pocket.

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm

I've got a couple of bamboo boosters that came with my little lamb nappies, or I've got linings for motherease's, will these do the job? Or do I need to buy special inserts?
Thanks for your help.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:38 pm

I would say more stuffing is needed too! Try 1 of the bamboo boosters you have with the microfibre in the pocket too. You may find that you will be needing to get some more inserts for your pockets now Daisy is getting bigger :wink:

Also , make sure that her clothes aren't too tight around the nappy and that if you are using the bodysuit/vests that popper under her then make sure they aren't too tight either

jan x

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 am

Am I right in thinking none of the lining of the nappy should be showing as it causes wicking? I find it impossible to tuck it in around Daisys legs, especially with happy heinys. Could she just be too small at the moment?
Gem x

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:33 am

I've found that my children always seem to leak/wick when I have pockets stuffed with microfibre inserts (the ones designed for Fuzzibunz etc - never had much success with just the cloths either). But if I put a pad-folded prefold inside, I have loads more success! I think it's the pressure of the microfibre that lets the liquid out a bit. So if you have some bambino-mio prefolds, maybe you could fold one up inside & see how that works? Of course, your little one is quite young still, so maybe the prefold is too large for your size of pockets.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 am

gem1981 wrote:Am I right in thinking none of the lining of the nappy should be showing as it causes wicking? I find it impossible to tuck it in around Daisys legs, especially with happy heinys. Could she just be too small at the moment?
Gem x

you aren't supposed to tuck the fleece in - they say this specifically about Happy Heinys. It is supposed to roll out around the legs. So try not tucking it in. Are your pockets cotton? Some people just don't get on with cotton pockets as they are more liable to wicking so you should try polyester ones.

Hope you get it sorted.

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks, which brands are polyester please?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 am

well the plain coloured Happy Heinys are polyester, the fuzzis will be, don't know about the Drybees.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies