hf1

Kind of newbie here.

My avatar
LizBaker84
Clothie
Clothie

Kind of newbie here.

Postby LizBaker84 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi ladies. I tried cloth nappies with my eldest son who is now 3 but i never really got on with them, i didnt start till he was about 2 though and always had leakage issues and wicking problems. I now have a 20 week old son too and am really wanting to make this work. I have a really good selection of cloth pocket nappies and was hoping i could come on here and maybe get some advice and guidance. How to stuff them? how long i can leave them on for? washing and drying guides? and any other advice that may help me achieve this time round.

Thank you very much ladies. Hope you are all well.

Liz

My avatar
Mrsmurdoch
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Kind of newbie here.

Postby Mrsmurdoch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Hiya, I have a 5 yr old daughter and always used disposables :-( I know! My friend introduced me to cloth when I had my 2nd daughter and I've never looked back ! She's now 9months and we've never had any issues. We use itti bitti dish nappies ( all bought 2nd hand from here I might add) they arnt pockets but more like pads that popper in that you can remove.
The best things I've learnt is only use a table spoon of powder when washing them otherwise they go crunchy, to put a maternity pad with some tea tree oil on and stick it to the lid of our dirties bin( stops them smelling yuk) and to go full time we needed 15-16 nappies, washing every other day. We don't have a tumble dryer but a whole load will dry in a day on the line or in front of our storage heaters.
Hope that helps, try a few different brands (if you can afford to) and if they don't work for you sell the spare ones on here !

Hope that helps and good on you for trying it again :-)

My avatar
Mum-to-2
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mum-to-2 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm a newby too I bought some cheap naughty baby pocket nappies of eBay to see how we got on with them before spending a fortune I love them they're so easy.

I've just bought some flips for when we are out and about and have bought some bumgenius of here to upgrade my cheapies.

Hope you find The nappy that's right for you x

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 pm

We use pockets on out 16 month old, have done since she was 2 months old. Other than the odd itti, pockets are our favourite.

If you have any specific q's I can probably answer them! :coffee:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Stuffing, just put whatever inserts you have/want to use inside the pocket, some fold and some dont, it depends what brands you have.
How long depends on your baby but little ones normally need changing every 1.5-2 hours. If you have any problems with leaking or wicking change more often.
Washing- standard wash with an extra rinse cycle, 1/4 the amount of detergent you normally use and nappies last longer when washed cool (most people use the odd hotter wash, up to 60 degrees). Nappies are best hung to dry but most inserts can be tumble dried on low if needs be, its generally best to avoid tumbling outers at all as the waterproof layer can be affected, however *most* outers are again fine in the dryer on low.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies