hf1

WN wicking?

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

WN wicking?

Postby Dandelion » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

I bought a WN pocket on here, tried it on 16month old ds with the insert it came with but it leaked, seemingly straight through the nappy/pul?? unless it was from the sides and spread over the front material.
Should it need extra boosting? he was in it an absolute maximum of 3 hours

Any thoughts/ideas?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: WN wicking?

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 pm

the insert may need strip washing or it may not be absorbent enough for that length of time...is it a med or large and what is the insert made from?

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Dandelion » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:08 pm

it's a large, not sure what the insert is made of but I'd guess it's microfibre, it's pretty grey so might be quite old? maybe I'd be best getting some new bamboo inserts to use?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Was the insert sopping wet? If so then it's the insert (might need stripping or you might need some better, more absorbent inserts). If the insert was dry then it's more likely to be a fit issue.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Cross posted! Sounds like the insert isn't up to much then. I only ever use Ptits Dessous bamboo inserts in my WNs. I also usually boost with either a hemp or bamboo booster.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm

If its microfibre that is likely your answer...it doesnt hold much wee so 3 hours is quite a lot to get from it really.
As Rach says if the insert was dry that would be a fit problem but if it was wet (even just very wet at the front and nowhere else) then that will have caused your problem. The inner can make a difference too, they are more likely to wick when 'full' if it has a minkee inner rather than a fleece inner.
Microfibre is best combined with bamboo or hemp.

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Dandelion » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 am

yeah the insert was soaked. Great, thanks for that :-) Will get some bamboo boosters, the good thing is it seems to have plenty of room for stuffing :-)

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey hun :wave:

I take it this was the WN you bought from me? The insert is a fuzzi bunz microfibre insert so needs some hemp or bamboo underneath it hun....wow to getting 3 hours out of it , thats great!!! :wine:

Hemp or bamboo is definately the answer though hun and that way you'll then get 3 hours with no leaks hopefully :D

Glad you received it ok hun :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Hemp or bamboo will be far better and tbh 3 hours is pretty good out of any nappy x

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies