hf1

Wn and issy

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

Wn and issy

Postby xjennerx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:33 pm

These are our main nappys what insert combos do you recommend as we are getting some wicking issues

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Wn and issy

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 pm

In my WNSS I use a Double Greenkids Hemp on the bottom, then a Little Lamb Bamboo and on the top (nearest to baby's bottom) a piece of Zorb - this seems to do the trick for us.

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xjennerx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:36 pm

I want to try hemp we've not tried that I've head it works best with bamboo

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 pm

WN...anything bamboo with a Zorb booster on top..usually I will have in a 6 layer WN bamboo but sometimes a PD.
Issy...no idea, nothing solved them wicking for us!!!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 pm

xjennerx wrote:I want to try hemp we've not tried that I've head it works best with bamboo

It holds a lot more than anything else, but is very slow to absorb, which is why I have it at the bottom, bamboo is faster to absorb and Zorb faster still, so the liquid can work it's way through each layer to the next.

You could look in the classifieds, or even post a wanted?

I've also no idea about Issys, never tried them.

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xjennerx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Thankyou girls going to invest in zorb and hemp and more bamboo! Any brands rexommended?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 pm

I have lots of Hemp Babies hemp inserts, I fold them up in various ways dep on what Im stuffing. PDs are always a brill bamboo one to have in the stash IMO.
I make all my own boosters (bamboo, hemp and zorb) so not sure about those, I know Little Gumnut make zorb boosters though and lots of people seem to use LL bamboo boosters.
The combo of hemp/bamboo then zorb is a good one ;)

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xjennerx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Thankyou! So I think I'll post a wanted see if someone will sell me some to test! We had been using bg inserts but Finley wees like it's going out of fashion! X

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 pm

xjennerx wrote:Thankyou girls going to invest in zorb and hemp and more bamboo! Any brands rexommended?

I just bought a nappy cut of Zorb from Lush Tush and chopped it up, made about 10-15 so loads & worked out very cheap, it doesn't fray so you don't need to be able to hem/sew or anything.

Packs of 10 Little Lamb Bamboo Sz2 boosters on ebay direct from LL for £12, I find them great, and as I've said GreenKids for Hemp.

I avoid anything with Micro Fibre as once they are wetting more heavily the wee jut squishes back out & causes wicking/leaking.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies