hf1

Using Bumgenius os pockets at night?

My avatar
Siddy+bump
Clothie
Clothie

Using Bumgenius os pockets at night?

Postby Siddy+bump » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 am

I'm trying out a few different style night nappies to see which works best for us. My son wears one size BG pockets during the day with the normal insert and we've not had any leaks and they never seem to get too wet either even if I don't change him for 4 hrs.
We have tried tots bots bamboozle stretch with a new born BG insert as a booster and a flip wrap and although he doesn't have any leaks the TB is soaken through and he frets all night and seems uncomfortable? I'm just wondering if I can use the BG pocket nappies for night use with maybe a bamboo booster and if they would be more comfy and less bulky? What are your experiences of pocket nappies at night?
Ps my son is 16 months x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Using Bumgenius os pockets at night?

Postby Louise » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:51 am

TBH unless you have a light/moderate wetter then any nappy not designed for night use isn't going to work well, especially a pocket. The only pockets we ever got on well with at night were fleece outer Minkis because they are so big you can stuff them with lots of bamboo and hemp. I use dedicated fitted night nappies with either wool or fleece over the top. Wool and fleece will help as they allow some of the moisture from the nappy to evaporate so it won't be as wet as it would if you were using a PUL wrap.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:56 am

When DS was about the same age as your son, we had to move into dedicated night nappies, for example little gumnut/puddlekins and weenotions.

I was also concerned about how damp day nappies were getting at night, so moved to something designed to be highly boosted and very absorbent.

If are going to stay with the tots and bumgenius, it might be worth getting more hemp and bamboo boosters to make them more absorbent. As you boost more, they will become more bulky and it is possible that the fit will change.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:50 am

Hi, I use pockets at night. I Use a Little Lamb pocket that comes with a tri fold bamboo insert. They ate very roomy pockets as they have a gusset. I then add a green acre designs hemp insert and a couple of LL bamboo boosters. I don't think I could fit all that inside one of our BGs though. My other NN are pop-in with the dri-nite boosters and they last almost as long but are not such a good fit at the moment.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies