hf1

Nappies by minki - sizing question

My avatar
Loveinthenest
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies by minki - sizing question

Postby Loveinthenest » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:36 am

I have just received my first "Minki" nappy and its absolutely gorgeous but looks huge! My DD is only 16lb 4oz but as the medium was only up to 20lbs I thought I may as well go for a large so she can grow into it in a few months & it'd last her a good while. The large is 18-30lbs but I can't see it fitting her at 18lbs.
I was just wondering if anyone else has bought a large slinki minki & if they fit well at the smaller end of the scale? If not I may have to put that one away until next year (darn! Its gorgeous & I can't wait to put her in it!)

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Nappies by minki - sizing question

Postby justme123 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 am

I do find them quite generously sized - I remember that had a large that fitted right to PT on my VERY chunky toddler. I currently have a small for Isabel (who is about 9lb 6) which is pretty bulky but actually fits quite well around the legs and waist and is great for nights :-) I would think the fit is probably better on a chunky rather than a long thIn baby, especially at the lower end of the weight range.

I would say try it and see :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 am

They're definitely a very generous fit. I can't remember what weight Rhys was when we first started using larges. We have a few slinki minkis and one regular minki. The slinkis are still not on the loosest poppers and he's about 35lb now. His regular minki has velcro rather than poppers and on that the tabs still cross over :shock: .

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 am

We had a medium Slinki Minki which fitted DD til about 25lb. The large still fits her now at over 30lb, on the tightest poppers.

My avatar
Loveinthenest
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Loveinthenest » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Ah thanks, this one is velcro. I also noticed there isnt much elasticityaround the legs? I can't imagine it fitting her well for a really long time but if thats just how they are sized then thats fine. Just a shame as I was hoping to have her in it sooner rather than later.
I should have checked here before I bought that size :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 pm

izzy wears a large now with tons of growing room and she is 2 :giggle: 24lbs They are massive aren't they

My avatar
Loveinthenest
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Loveinthenest » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Oh gosh... :/ I don't really want to wait a year and a half to use it! LOL shame...

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:29 pm

We had a Minki Flippa Pocket Nappy in medium!
Was sooo massive on DS. Could get a good fit round his legs.
He is on the skinny side though.
I sold mine on.
Not even sure at 2.5yrs now he'd fit in it!

My avatar
Loveinthenest
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Loveinthenest » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 am

I've emailed to ask if I can swap for a medium so we'll see... Will be sad if they say no!

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies