hf1

Pockets leaking

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Pockets leaking

Postby justme123 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 am

I've just got some lollipop pop and gro pockets as I thought they would be better to take on holiday as they would dry quicker than my fitteds. I put the first one on this morning and it is leaking really badly round the legs. She may as well not be wearing a nappy at all :-?

It was preloved, but seems to be in very good condition. It seems to fit well with no obvious gaping at the legs, and it leaked almost instantly so presumably the insert can't be soaked yet. Any ideas?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Pockets leaking

Postby Asta » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 am

take the insert out and pour a little water on it to see how quickly it absorbs.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am

Aaah - I think you could be onto something there... I tried pouring water onto both the fleece inner and the insert and in both cases the water sat on the surface for some time (and ran off if at an angle). So what do I need to do about that? Strip wash?

Also when I took off the nappy after less than 2 hours the insert (I used the larger one) was absolutely soaked, so I think I may have some absorbency issues too.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:42 am

yup if it isn't absorbing you need to do a strip wash, though if it's saturated after 2 hours you'll also need to boost it. Scrub the fleece inners with washing up liquid before you strip the rest as that will help lift any cream that's on them.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies