hf1

How good are the ebay cheapies?

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How good are the ebay cheapies?

Postby est4elvis » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 pm

feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place but i cant find any reviews of the ebay nappies. are they good?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: How good are the ebay cheapies?

Postby littlesez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm

never tried them but there are different kinds i think. Pocket nappies are only as good as what you stuff them with they usually come with cheap microfibre inserts which IMO are poo, it doesnt really matter as they are so cheap anyway but then you would prob get a decent insert

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 pm

It's funny, some people love them and others don't get on with them at all. I find them ok, I have a few in my stash and although they aren't the first ones I reach for (because we have much prettier ones lol), they've not failed us yet. As Sara said though it does depend what you stuff them with - I think the ONE microfibre insert they come with would last us about 10 minutes :giggle: I usually stuff them with bamboo and hemp.

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:00 pm

i have about 10 in my stash, they were the first modern cloth i used after terry squares until i discovered the tree :D Ive used them on Jacob since he was 5 month old but it could have been earlier than that. We still use them now and hes 17 month. I have to change him more often now but its to be expected as he drinks more and runs around and climbs on anything he see. They last about 2 hours with the mircofiber but i stuff them with other things at times.
They are great for nappies before bed and before breakfast when i know he will have a poo and anytime he needs a quick nappy.
They are also fab at drying and will dry in less than a day :D

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I bought some and they were fab - mine came with 2 micro fibre inserts per nappy which lasted longer than my totsbots (around 2/2.5 hrs per nappy). They were bulkier though and the velcro wasn't as strong as the tots bots but for the price I found them well worth it :thumbsup:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

I have seven in my stash. I bought them in two lots, one of 4 and one of 3. The first 4 I bought are great and I use them alot especially, as someone else said, I think she is gonna poo. The other 3 are also good but they are a bit bigger than the others even on the smallest rise. I use them with there original inserts and I think the inserts in the first lot are better. I think its the luck of the draw and I would recommend them as a good way of bulking out your stash.

I understand some peoples feeling about the ethical issues but I think if you do some research you will find that most of them are made in the same factories as many branded nappies. In fact I contacted a factory in China to enquire after a wholesale purchase and they described these particular nappies as the GroVia type. They are practically identical in design! Most of the branded ones are made in China and have very similar labels to the cheaper ones sold in places such as ebay.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 pm

We have 6 Dudeybaba nappies. They haven't failed us yet. I bought them without inserts and ordered the bamboo Dudeybaba inserts seperately. The bamboo inserts are 3 layer and are more absorbant than our Totsbots.
My little man is big for his age and he's still on the smallest snaps at nearly 18lbs so I can see these lasting us until potty training whereas I think Ed will have grown out of most of his other nappies quite early.

We've ordered a couple of cotton (polyester) nappies to use as swim nappies.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm

I wouldn't buy them, There are so many more cuter nappies and I know I wouldn't reach for the ebay one's.
Buy something you love! Quality not quantity is my moto!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:58 pm

I have about 5 and I only like one. They are too big for my little man, I only like the ones with 2 rows of snaps

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies