hf1

How good are the ebay cheapies?

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: How good are the ebay cheapies?

Postby ellemonkey » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:59 pm

I have ebay 25 pockets, 10 sunshine's direct from china, 10 of these when they were £23

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2799wt_977

all in with inserts (we got hello kitty , denim, green patterned, blue flower, cream bunny and the star ones) and a few other ones such as minkee camo, spongebob, zebra print and 2 denim (the exact same ones bums up are selling for £6+)

And to be honest they are the same if not better than any pocket you buy here in the uk and probably made in the same place. The inserts are ok for about 2 hours but I get that with pockets I bought from uk so need to change from microfibre to something a bit better or stuff with 2 of the inserts that come with.

I think a lot of people think cheap = low quality but that isnt the case with these, i used to think that until i tried them.

They suit my baby brilliantly during the day.

My avatar
LJmum
Clothie
Clothie

Re: How good are the ebay cheapies?

Postby LJmum » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:03 pm

I too have 25 ebay cheapies and I love them, although I have to stuff them with anything other than the mf inserts they came with. (got 25 MF inserts for sale, anyone? :giggle: ) I found them to be faaar too big on my 7lb baby so used Mothercare Smart nappies for the first little while and then was fine with the MF inserts in the cheapies until DD was about 4 months. I have had to stuff them with bamboo and the like since then as the MF inserts (just one in a wrap) last her about half an hour before she is leaking everywhere. MF when put with other stuff acts like a sponge and so when sat on, it leaks.. Still though! When my fitteds and ai2's are all in the wash, or when I'm not going to baby groups :giggle: I still reach for the cheapies before anything else. Saying that, my current favorite nappy is my WNNN and LL PUL wrap. :D

Anyway, my opinion? Sure, buy a few cheapies but don't stuff them with the inserts they come with, if any. Use something else unless your LO isn't a medium/heavy wetter. DD is a super wetter. :giggle:

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies