hf1

Best for runny poo containment?

My avatar
mumof3boys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best for runny poo containment?

Postby mumof3boys » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:07 pm

I am dying to splurge but not sure what to get. I want something that looks good, not too bulky and good at containing poo. I have been using 2 parters but i don't like changing them in front of people as they're not nice to handle wet, hence looking for pockets. any advice please?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Best for runny poo containment?

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:19 pm

It depends on the shape and size of your baby, some pockets suit some babies, others dont.

For us the most reliable is still our Bumgenius - they have never let us down and have successfully contained a bout of runniness over the past few days as Evie has a stomach bug.

Most of our pockets have been great - Fuzzi Bunz, Swaddlebees Econappi, Babyidea Grow Hour, Blueberry One Size, Happy Heiny, Weenotions, Wonderoos, Pocket Bots all worked great too. The only one that really didnt work for containment of runny poo was the standard Swaddlebees which was too narrow in the crotch, and I know they arent a pocket but the Itti Bitti doesnt get great reviews at containing runny poo either (although both are great nappies for when things get a bit more solid, sorry tmi there)

Sadie xx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:09 am

We use pockets about 90% of the time and my Favs are Weenotions (not exactly the slimmest) Fuzzi's and Green kids. I've all since William was born and haven't had a leak yet :D

My avatar
samandabismum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby samandabismum » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:53 pm

My favourite so far for sloppy BF poos are my funky nappys. No leaks and as they have coloured fleece liners no staining issues either :)
Otherwise have tried fuzzis, blueberry onesize, happy heinys and itti bittis with no problems. Can't see hoe anything would get out of our weenotions either but she hasn't pooed in it yet.
Did have some leaking from a swadlebees pocket but I think the cut is a bit big for DD at the moment.

My avatar
mumof3boys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mumof3boys » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:38 pm

so i guess there's not many that aren't good for it lol.

so far i've splurged on more happy heinys, i'm eyeing up a gorgeous weenotion but at £17.50 without an insert or postage included it's a bit steep for me till i've tried them preloved. I'm dying to splurge more though!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm struggling at the moment to get fuzzis to work for me, but I think it may be the fit, I have one blueberry side snap which also isnt doing very well, however I think this is also the fit, although it's meant to fit from 8lb (which she must be by now, bad mummy hasn't had her weighed for 2 weeks) she's got skinny legs and I think its too big round her thighs!

This said I've got on fantastically with my WN pocket, my BGs and my blueberry OS, seem to be able to get a fab fit which means great containment, I've not had a leak yet!

If you want the WN pocket why not get it in OS that way it's more economical!! I've got a lush WN OS minkee pocket with embroidery on order, shall let you know how I get on!

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm

greenkids, only pocket (aside from xs fuzzi only) that has never leaked poo for us in the first 6 months

happy shopping

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies