hf1

What size Fuzzis for new baby or will I use biodegrables?

My avatar
picklecat
Clothie
Clothie

What size Fuzzis for new baby or will I use biodegrables?

Postby picklecat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi Guys

Just wondering what I should do. I'm due in Oct and am on the lookout for 2nd hand fuzzi's. Know they do a premi/very small baby size for 4-12lbs (doesn't sound like a very small baby to me!) but don't really want to spend money on something that baby will be out of in a month or so. The next size up fits from about 4 months on. Should I just use biodegrables till then or has anyone any advice/experience with this?

Thanks

Ruth

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What size Fuzzis for new baby or will I use biodegrables?

Postby justme123 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Are you expecting a very small / prem baby?

I don't know about fuzzis, but it really will depend on the size of your baby as to how long (if at all) they will be in xs nappies. My dd was 8'10 and could have gone straight into smalls I think. The xs fitted for about 3 weeks :roll:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Depends on what size baby you are expecting. Mine was 9lb born and went straight into smalls and even some onesize. Prefolds/Flats would be ideal as a first port of call til they grow into the small sizes if you arent expecting to have a very tiny baby.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:52 pm

I've bought a stash of newborn/xs small size nappies for my new baby. Once he/she grows out of these, our BTP stash should fit. I got them mostly on Classifieds and plan to relist them once we don't need them any more, so it shouldn't work out too expensive even if they only fit for a month or 2. My DD is quite dinky, so her BTP nappies wouldn't have fitted from birth, they'd have been really bulky, and I'm expecting this one will be similar (seeing as I'm 4ft11 and OH is no giant either!). :giggle:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:50 pm

I made most of my money back on my newborn/small stash, but if you want to save money in the long term and don't mind plain PUL outers I'd recommend Bungenius as an excellent birth to potty nappy; Easyfits are also very good, and are available in patterned outers.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm

I had two xs fuzzis, they fitted my subtantial ds2 (11lb4oz/5.1kg) for a while. He didn't wear a small until he was about 10 wks. The medium is generous, my older two trained out of them.

Sizing of fuzzis can be a bit variable depending on the time they were made, just to add to the confusion!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Like others said, it depends on the size of your newborn. The average is about 7lb 7oz & at that size the xs nappies should last a good few weeks. I think if you buy newborn & sell them afterwards it would work out cheaper for you in the long run. Don't have experience of xs fuzzi but their small & mediums are generous. I know lots of ladies on here get on well with Tots Bots teenyfits and move on then to easyfits.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:51 pm

I've had 4 or 5 xs fuzzis that max has just outgrown now at over 11 lbs and he is now 7 weeks old. He was 7lb 11 at birth, dropped to 6lb 15 and is fast becoming a realy chunk now. I realy liked the xs fuzzis and wished I had got more to be honest. I think they are good and worth the money because they should sell on quite easily :-) here is max at about 2-3 weeks old in his ImageImage
Last edited by angiepangie2809 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:58 pm

My son started wearing only small fuzzis (old style with pointy tabs) at 3 weeks and he was about 10lbs then, though they did fit more or less from birth (he was 8lbs 13). I think they are fabulous for him and got rid of all my xs nappies, which I only used for 2 weeks even thought they would have still fitted him, they were just not near enough absorbant to last any lenght of time. i still use muslins on him (2 at a time) every so often, as well, under a fleece soaker, but mostly just fuzzis. at 5 weeks we need to boost the stuffing with something other than MF as he wees loads, but they can take the stuffing, and they aren't as bulky as other pockets i've tried on him, fully stuffed.

at night we used small sandys (boosted), or bamboozle stretchies (size 2) or size 2 flexitots (v2), with fleece wraps. of those, i think the flexitots are superb and will be getting more. :D

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies