hf1

Skinny legs

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Skinny legs

Postby Bloom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 pm

What pockets/AIO would you recommend for skinny legged babies?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Skinny legs

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Both my 2 have skinny legs, and itti bittis have the best fit by far for us
is your little one skinny on the waist too?

have you considered fitted nappies - because compared with pockets & aios's these are better for us

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 pm

He doesnt seem to bad on the waist but im stuggling to get a good fit on the legs.

Small Ittis gape on him and leak i even took out the hourglass insert to see if that helped but its still not working.

ETA ive been using fitted with Thirsties wraps which have worked but hes outgrowing my xs nappies and i really want to be able to use pockets/aio in the day.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 pm

I don't really use pockets as fitteds are far more reliable. Like you we got leg gape with the Ittis we tried. The only other pocket I have experience of on a newborn are WeeNotions. They are side snapping so the waist and leg can be adjusted seperately. The fit is great but I am struggling to get the right combination if inserts to get it to last 2 hours without making the nappy too bulky as we then get leg gape if it is stuffed too much. I would try a velcro or applix fastening pocket such as a bumgenius.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Louise wrote:The only other pocket I have experience of on a newborn are WeeNotions. They are side snapping so the waist and leg can be adjusted seperately. The fit is great but I am struggling to get the right combination if inserts to get it to last 2 hours without making the nappy too bulky as we then get leg gape if it is stuffed too much. I would try a velcro or applix fastening pocket such as a bumgenius.

I had exactly the same with our small weenotions.
fab fit on the skinny legs & teeny waist - but not enough room for decent absorbancy. they were quite buily if I added in what I needed!

I was also about to suggest aplix - we found our bumgenius was one of the 1st pockets that fit Eleanor, followed closely by the Blueberry - but the aplix was so far overlapped, that it barely stuck together! IYKWIM

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies