My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Sized ittis or tuttos

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 am

It really depends on your child!

With DS
- loved both, they fitted him great! The tutto's fit a little better than the large ones did towards the end, and I did prefer the 3rd popper on the waist to prevent wing droop because he's skinny.

However, with DD
- the sized itti's are sooo much better on her. She's slightly broader than James was around the waist, but even skinnier on the legs - so I'm finding OS nappies, unless aplix are not a great fit.

The tutto's do seem to absorb more than the sized ittis, guess probably because there is more material to the inserts because its a BTP nappy.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 am

Hmmm, I like my sized as they look tidier, but find the tutto's more absorbant. If I had to choose one, I guess it would be the sized :)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 am

I have been thinking about this as well! We got our 1st tutto this week and I have to say I am so impressed as it lasted 4 hours on my little lady who normally soaks through nappies in that time. Thinking of selling some of my Flip stash to fund more Ittis but wasn't sure whether to go for tuttos or sized. Only downside I have found to tutto is that they are quite puffy around the bum but I may be able to make it less so if I played around with the snaps a bit more? Haven't tried sized yet but thinking of getting one as a comparison x

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I prefer the fit of a tutto and the absorbancy but the sized itti looks so much neater and slimmer under clothes and doesn't have the puffy bum look. The tutto seems to be good value for money too as I have found the fit easier on dd, especially as she seemed to be between sizes for ages in the sized ones. She has just moved into larges but was outpeeing the meds a while back, even with the boosters :shock: , I think it was mainly leg gape though.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies