hf1

inserts

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

inserts

Postby charliesam » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:52 pm

I know it depends on the pocket but what inserts do you find generally work best? I have a collection of pockets- fuzzi, pocket bots funky, bb os, wn os, and have more nappies than inserts and wondering what to buy. At the moment have a collection of bits that came with above and bought extra one size inserts from wn but find them v bulky. I like the bb insert but need to add to it to make it last.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: inserts

Postby Annette » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 pm

I quite like the Wee Notions bamboo and hemp combo inserts I have for my pockets or I use an Easy Peasy hemp booster with a microfibre cloth on top.

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:53 am

I like my WN bamboo inserts, old fashioned cotton prefolds or for very trim I like the Petit Dessous bamboo jersey inserts (but dont last as long as WN)

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:31 am

I use mostly Wee Notions bamboo inserts with a Funky Nappy microfibre insert on top. Add hemp easy peasy for night times but take away the microfibre insert.

Also like bamboo Upsy Daisy inserts - slightly trimmer than the Wee Notions ones.

Helen xx

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:15 am

Funky nappy inserts with easy peasy hemp boosters work well together, i use the wn trifold inserts in pockets at night though,they last ages.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:53 am

For me the best combo is the Cotton Babies mf insert, with an Easy Peasy Hemp booster underneath. It works well in most of the nappies except those with a narrow crotch so maybe would be too broad for your pocket bots. For those I used a Smart Nappy insert with a small EH hemp insert.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 pm

I find the following all work great for us:

a ptits dessous bamboo insert with a microfibre fuzzi insert (last a loooong time)
wee notions bamboo and hemp combo insert
the blueberry combo inserts
a microfibre insert (think they are GAD's) with an easy peasy hemp jersey booster
2 triple folded bamboo terry squares

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 am

For slim and very reliable, I would also go with Cotton Babies mf insert, with an Easy Peasy Hemp booster underneath.
I also like the BB combo hemp mf inserts, but now Kayleigh is bigger, she can outwet them easily, so I need to add some more hemp to them like an easy peasy booster - but this many layers starts making it bulky (although very reliable).

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies