Heavy wetter stuffing problems

My avatar
kittenattacks
Clothie
Clothie

Heavy wetter stuffing problems

Postby kittenattacks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:08 am

Hi all,

DS wears flips most of the time and some ebay cheapies but i find I have to change him every 2 hours. I am quite new to cloth and I need some cheap ideas of what to stuff his nappies with to extend their life and to stop him being soaked. I have used the organic inserts with the flips but he still is wet all the time leaving him red..

I haven't even attempted to try a night nappy! I do have some ittis in the post but i'm not sure he will fit into them yet,

Any ideas?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Heavy wetter stuffing problems

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:18 am

You will probably need to use hemp and or bamboo inserts. A stay dry layer on top like fleece or minkee liner may help with the redness.How old is your lo?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 am

What kirsty said. Add hemp underneath and a fleece liner. The Flip inserts are not stay dry so will stay wet against his bum unless you add a stay dry layer like fleece which should solve your problem.
How much have the organic inserts been washed, as in are they quite new still?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

Best pocket combination for heavy wetters is a bamboo double insert with a hemp booster underneath.

My avatar
kittenattacks
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittenattacks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:23 am

Kirstyh wrote:You will probably need to use hemp and or bamboo inserts. A stay dry layer on top like fleece or minkee liner may help with the redness.How old is your lo?

He is 5 months

My avatar
kittenattacks
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittenattacks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:24 am

Where can I find these inserts? I've seen some on ebay but not sure if they are any good!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 am

Hemp Babies little weeds are what I used to put under the organic cotton Flip inserts to boost them a bit.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:03 pm

Check out classifieds on here and stick a wanted post in the relevant section. Petite dessous (sp) bamboo inserts and Easy Peasy hemp are what we always used. A lot of people use little lamb ones as well x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 pm

My ds is a very heavy wetter. Now all I use are tots bots easyfits and stuff them with pd insert folded over and a do hemp booster. He easily lasts a good 3 hours in it. Or try a greenkids bamboo double insert. Alternatively ask Ems at Little Gumnut for some zorb boosters as these are great too :-)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies