hf1

Dissolusioned with BGs

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dissolusioned with BGs

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 am

I learnt how to replace mine on a u tube tutorial. I can't link it as am on my phone but type it into utube to see if its something you could perhaps do yourself. (Its realy easy :-) Also, just a thought but is your lo's poppered vest on too tight? Or aree they wearing snug fitting leggings/trousers ect? As that can cause compression wicking or leaks. Perhaps try bigger vests or get some vest extenders (they are brilliant) also just another thought...you know the poppers that make the nappy bigger or smaller in the rise (length) what setting are they on? Could it be that you need to adjust and tweak the rise? Only asking about this as a lady on here was having leak problems with bg and she adjusted the rise and it solved the problem. Hope you get it sorted. :-)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 am

BG are a good nappy really. They is plenty of room for stuffing so it is easy to make them work for your baby.. Amelie is a very very heavy wetter. She can outpee a night nappy in an hour during the day. We used BG for alot of our stash but we didn't use the BG inserts, we used others instead.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am

Just wanted to add, if you're using poppered BGs what I did with Dawnie's poppered pockets was to colour the little nobbly bit in the middle of the female popper that needed to be fastened with a perm.marker so the nursry girls knew which poppers to popper up. If you don't use cloth nappies, all those poppers on one nappy (for BTP ones!) can be daunting and confusing :D

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:09 pm

I find BGs (and this includes the sized aios) one of the worst for wet leaks, even with additional boosting or different boosting (we tried most combinations of bamboo/hemp with Natalie and gave up)

They're fine until your child sits down and then all the wee just squishes out! With Natalie we swapped to pop-ins and this sorted it- even the mf ones would hold what the BG couldn't, though I know they don't work for everyone- and Ryan outgrew them before he was 2.

With Ryan I've put away the BGs as he's more or less outgrown them and we have just started getting leaks, we use Easyfits and sometimes get wet leaks, but not nearly as often.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:44 pm

hi, how about your DS wearing wool or fleece with the bum genius. if there is a leak, the wool or fleece would sort this out no probs! xxx

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

She does wear vests and leggings, and i try and make sure they are not too tight, but i guess sometimes they squish at the bum if she is clambering about! The nappies have always been at the biggest setting. Maybe i should make them smaller. Im not sure why i havent thought to do it before!! Ive had her in the biggest setting since 7months. Now i think about it.... ooops.

Right. Action plan:
Replace elastic.
smaller setting
more boosting
ditch MF

Thanks for advice re: colouring in poppers! Good idea!!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 pm

I hve 3 bg aio organics, i have found the elastic ok but the material has started to disintegrate around the leg cuffs :roll: I have had mine 16 months.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 pm

My BG seems ok but the Flips elastic has gone really loose and we have only had them for about 6 months and we have only gone full time cloth (apart from 1 over night sposie) in the past couple of months so they haven't had too much use. I have been thinking about changing the elastic but really I would expect them to last much longer, especially when you are paying £15+ for a very basic nappy :-?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Hannahboo wrote:My BG seems ok but the Flips elastic has gone really loose and we have only had them for about 6 months and we have only gone full time cloth (apart from 1 over night sposie) in the past couple of months so they haven't had too much use. I have been thinking about changing the elastic but really I would expect them to last much longer, especially when you are paying £15+ for a very basic nappy :-?

I agree i expect more for my money. I get that MF is cheap, but i would rather pay a pound or two more and get something decent than have MF that i dont use and have to pay out for more. Its a false economy IMO.

Where would i get the right sort of elastic to repair BGs?

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies