hf1

Talk to me about BBOS!

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Talk to me about BBOS!

Postby macmomo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Anyone recommend them? I'm a bit cautious about one size nappies having tried the MEOS and thought they were pretty rubbish for us in terms of getting a workable fit. DD is long and thin, 19lbs.

Also, I presume the BBOS are pocket nappies and so need an insert? thanks.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Talk to me about BBOS!

Postby little1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi, we've got acouple of these which we have used with DD since she was about 8 months old, we've always managed to get a pretty good fit with the aplix version and have not had any problems with leaks.

They are a pocket nappy and should come with their own combo insert (microfibre/hemp i think) which is pretty absorbant, we do have to boost them now that DD is older but she is close to PT and holds her wees for ages.

HTH :wink:

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:34 pm

thanks little1. Have you tried the sized WNSS as well? If so, do you think they're better? I've just realised that there might not be much point buying one size nappies for us as we're almost into the large size (says 20lb+).

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 pm

WN are great, I loved them, got on fine with BB as well

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Ive always very much liked BBOS. T wore them from newborn (9lb) til he was dry and they had piles and piles of room left in them.
I preferred BBOS to WNOS fit wise on him but I prefer WNSS to BBOS but they arent really comparable as such!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 pm

I haven't used the one size, but have got on well with the sized, side snap versions of both BB and WN :-)

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:05 pm

*anothersquish* - can you tell me what influenced your preference? - did the WNSS fit better or have better absorbancy? and what sort of shape/weight was your baby compared to 'average'? Mine is very, very long and skinny around the waist. I like the BBSS I have, so I'm just trying to decide whether to bulk up on more of these or to go for WN as well. I'm converting my current stash (mostly terry squares) in preparation for my mum arriving to take over childcare when I go back to work. She's fine with fitteds or pockets so I'm just trying to see what might fit best. I'm thinking that at 19lb maybe it's not worth getting the OS nappies................................(unless I'm planning another squish!)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Mine has always been on the long and skinny side, he has always been average weight but has been on the tall side. He is very narrow around the hip and waist and doesnt have very chunky thighs.
As they are all pockets they are as absorbent as what you put in the pocket so thats not really an issue!
At 19lb mine would not have fit in the large WNSS, he only started fitting them at 23lb and then it was only just, they were too big around the waist and leg before then but it may well be worth you trying one preloved to find out if they will fit yours from smaller.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:38 pm

We couldn't get a good fit with the BBOS or WNSS or WNOS, each baby is different.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies