hf1

What is best way to add absorbency to BGs please?

My avatar
viki83viki
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What is best way to add absorbency to BGs please?

Postby viki83viki » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Sorry to be silly....but what is WSS?

And if I go down the Soda Crystals route then what do I do? Does it go in the machine with them, and how much do I use?

xx

My avatar
viki83viki
Clothie
Clothie

Postby viki83viki » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:15 pm

I am suprised the advice is to use biological? When I have googled this before I fouind sites that said it destroys PUL? And also BG recommend against biological, probably for this reason?

xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:17 pm

WSS - what she said

Add a good amount of soda crystals to the drawer instead of washing powder.

Most people on here use bio powder. Non bio doesn't clean as well. Can't answer about it destroying pul though.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:34 pm

monsterm wrote:
anothersquish wrote:easiest way to stip is to do a cold rinse then a full load of washing powder on a 60 wash then rinse multiple times until there are no bubbles left.

Sorry hun but doesn't the full dose of washing powder (bio is better by the way) go in the cold wash? then it's a 60 wash with no powder & rinse, rinse, rinse.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23823

I also just wanted to agree with everyone about the little lamb bamboo boosters (go for the size 2 btw) & the easy peasy hemp. If you still have absorbancy issues with those, I would then invest in some petit dessous bamboo double inserts & ditch the microfibre like Kirsty suggested.

BTW are the inserts sopping wet when the nappies are leaking? Could it be coming out the side because then it would be a pul issue?

No the washing powder goes in with the hot wash x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:35 pm

When I strip my nappies, I also do at maintainance wash on the machine.
(empty drum, soda crystals, hottest wash possible) really help clean everything out.
Plus empty filter on machine

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
monsterm wrote:
anothersquish wrote:easiest way to stip is to do a cold rinse then a full load of washing powder on a 60 wash then rinse multiple times until there are no bubbles left.

Sorry hun but doesn't the full dose of washing powder (bio is better by the way) go in the cold wash? then it's a 60 wash with no powder & rinse, rinse, rinse.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23823

I also just wanted to agree with everyone about the little lamb bamboo boosters (go for the size 2 btw) & the easy peasy hemp. If you still have absorbancy issues with those, I would then invest in some petit dessous bamboo double inserts & ditch the microfibre like Kirsty suggested.

BTW are the inserts sopping wet when the nappies are leaking? Could it be coming out the side because then it would be a pul issue?

No the washing powder goes in with the hot wash x

On the link post by Steph, it says cold & I've always done it on the cold :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:44 pm

humm so it does, never heard that done before x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Just for the stripping, it's the opposite for the ordinary wash though

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:40 am

I wouldnt have thought it *really* matters but in my eyes if you are stripping you want them REALLY clean and the best way to do that is 60 degrees with full dose of powder...its the only time I use a 60 wash on my nappies (they never actually *need* stripping but I do it occasionally for the extra deep clean) I also always do a cold rinse before washing to get rid of any wee in the nappies as hot washes can set in stains and smells.

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies