hf1

In love with the Wonderoos but leaking :(

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

In love with the Wonderoos but leaking :(

Postby ameliepoulin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:07 pm

I am shattered that I cannot find what the problem with the Wonderoos is, namely why is it that they leak. I think they have by far the best fit of all the nappies that I tried, no mark on the baby's skin, not too bulky, soft and nice in all regards except for the leaking problem? I have mainly minkee but got today a PUL version, see if it makes a difference. What else can I do, I really don't want to switch to anything else now that I found the perfect fit.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: In love with the Wonderoos but leaking :(

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:49 pm

What inserts are you using, just the bamboo ones that come with them? Are they saturated when you take the nappy off? If so then you will need to add more boosting, if not then there may be a problem with the fit. Also if you are using both parts of the insert (the mf and the bamboo) I would ditch the smaller mf one and add another small bamboo or hemp booster. We never got on with mf inside pocket nappies as when wet and compressed it squishes the liquid back out causing leaks.

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Louise, I never used the MP insert together with the bamboo one, not a fan of microfibre in nappies anyway. As for saturatedness, I noticed that leaks usually happen when she is on the side and sometimes it's just after a pee. Some Wonderoos are new, others preloved (so they should have reached their full absorbancy capacity), but leaks happen with both. I will try use extra boosters, I am really curious if they'll make a difference.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 pm

When we had those, I used a hemp booster and that did the trick (until DS started cluster peeing lol)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies