hf1

Blueberry nappies velcro no longer sticky, please help!

My avatar
ginny6
Clothie
Clothie

Blueberry nappies velcro no longer sticky, please help!

Postby ginny6 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Hello Ladies
I`m new at this so please excuse my stupidity.
I got some second hand lovely minky blueberry nappies off e-bay but the seller has lied and has not folded back the tabs in the wash so they are now covered in fluff, cotton wool and hair.
I am wondering is there a way of making them sticky again as i really do want to keep them but i don`t have a tumble drier (i`ve heard to put them in a hot spin) or do i have to do it the hard tideous way of slowly picking it all out????
Any advice greatly apprechiated
Also the inserts are grey....is there any way of reviving them?
Many thanks
Georgina x :wink:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Blueberry nappies velcro no longer sticky, please help!

Postby Bluebell » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:26 pm

I think I'd contact the seller and ask for a refund TBH... I thought preloved nappies weren't supposed to be sold on ebay anyway, although new ones are allowed to be listed. Hope you can get it sorted, Blueberrys are lovely. If the inserts are microfibre, it is normal for them to grey with use. Ours have done it, I'm not sure if there is a way of reviving them, but no one will see them anyway :wink:

My avatar
moominmamma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby moominmamma » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:13 pm

no matter how diligently I fold back the tabs on our nappies we end up with fluff stuck in the velcro eventually, especially if I have a towel in the washer with them. I find I can get it out quite quickly with a fine tooth comb every few weeks. (yes, I nit comb my nappies...)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 pm

I'd contact the seller & ask for a refund to be honest.
She should have described them properly.

If you do keep them, then using a nit comb is good, or another piece of Velcro to pull against the aplix to pull out the fluf!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:10 am

I use my wool needle as it's got a nice blunt point. I mault hair terribly :oops: And so Dawn's velcro shoes always end up with a nice collection of fluff and my hair in them.
AFAIK, you are now allowed to sell used nappies on evilbay.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 am

can I just say :puke: at having to deal with a strangers fluff & hair! If ever I sell something, I make sure it is as clean as possible, that's disgraceful! I would ask for a refund, but if you do keep it, I find the best thing to clean velcro is another bit of velcro.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies