hf1

Inserts for BBOS

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Inserts for BBOS

Postby macmomo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:41 am

I'm finding dd is out-weeing the BBOS inserts with one (big) wee and then we get bad wicking. I've stripped them but no improvement. What do other people use for BBOS? (I find the BBSS inserts are fine in the BBSS nappies).

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Inserts for BBOS

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 am

I would use an easy peasy hemp with a bamboo petit (sp) dessous on top. x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 am

Do you have the bamboo inserts? If so, I would stick an easy peasy hemp booster underneath it & use the small insert as well. That should improve absorbancy alot.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 am

Could it be the nappy shell that needs stripping rather than the insert?

Or do your BBOS's have the microfibre inserts that they changed to for a while rather than the microfibre/hemp combo?

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:58 am

it's the combo ones that are adjustable for length. the MF part is very hard (hard water here) even after stripping. I'd prefer to stuff with just one part rather than 2 parts (my mum will be providing childcare and finds stuffing annoying and although I'll try and do them the night before...one is easier!). Also - do you put the MF on the top or the hemp?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 am

microfibre on top as it absorbs quicker.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 am

I bought some of the BBOS nappies brand new but second hand and they came with only MF inserts which I'm a bit disappointed with as it said 'original inserts' and I didn't know they ever made them without the combo ones, so I feel a bit frustrated (totally not the fault of the seller)(one of these nappies had a combo insert). Having said that, the well-used BBOS ones I have with the combo inserts are also useless (they were the ones I was posting about originally), the MF is stretched and thin and doesn't go wide enough because it's stretched length-wise and curled at the edges (again, disappointed).

I do like the combo ones that have come with my BBSS though, they seem to last just fine and fit the pockets really well.

Just looking on Millie's Nappies website for p'tit dessous boosters and getting mad again - it says they come in 2 sizes but no matter what I try they only show size 2. Which size should I be getting? And would I be just as well to cut up some of my very large, thick Eco Earth organic bamboo terries and use that instead?

Just really getting frustrated now with buying things second hand and thinking I know what I'm getting and then realising that I didn't know fully the whole product. Wish I'd stuck with the side snaps rather than OS but have spent my money now :(. Thanks for your help and for letting me whinge!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:49 am

We use the BB combo insert with an EP hemp but I think your LO is a heavier wetter than mine. If you're not happy with the BBOS nappies you could always relist them in Classifieds. I've done that before when stuff has turned up not exactly as I expected :wink:

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi,

I also use the BB combi inserts with an easy peasy hemp underneath.

Hope you find a solution.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies