hf1

Inserts for Wonderoo V1s?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Inserts for Wonderoo V1s?

Postby Bluebell » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:28 pm

I hope someone can help. We have always used Wonderoo V1s with Emma from about 3-4 months til now (22 months) with the original microfibre inserts with no problems. With the 2 inserts snapped together, they'll easily last 4 hours. I reckon they'll last her to potty training with no problems.

Now today was the first time I tried one of our Wonderoos on Lauren. I used just the small insert and she'd leaked through in an hour and a quarter! When we just used the small insert on Emma, they lasted 2 hours. Now I could cope with changing her every 2 hours, but not every 1 hour for Lauren. Argh!

Up until now we've been using Teenyfits on Lauren, as well as Real Easys, BG AIOs and some fitteds. All have lasted 2-2.5 hours usually (some 3 although I tend to change her before 3 usually). So I think I am now understanding why people on here don't really rate microfibre! Guess Emma is just a light wetter.

So what should I use to stuff our old Wonderoos? I really want to make them work instead of having to buy a whole new stash :giggle: I did try a Wonderoo V2 earlier with just the big insert and that was great, I changed it after a couple of hours but the insert was only half wet. Also tried a WNOS with BBOS combo insert and that was great as well. I think it's going to be ridiculous even trying the Wonderoo V1 with the big insert on a 5 week old surely?!

Sorry for the really long post!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Inserts for Wonderoo V1s?

Postby KimmyM » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:41 pm

I had to with my DD she really can wee for England other wise could you not stuff a hemp or/and a bamboo insert under the microfibre.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 pm

KimmyM wrote:I had to with my DD she really can wee for England other wise could you not stuff a hemp or/and a bamboo insert under the microfibre.

This was my initial thought but your DD apprears to be a heavy wetter like my lo's. Microfibre doesn't work for heavy wetters - it gave my two awful nappy rash. We still use wonderoos v1 and had to ditch the microfibre, and opt for bamboo and hemp. We use p'tits dessous bamboo boosters and the original wonderoos v1 double hemp boosters. Bulky but I'd rather that than a sore bum and unnecessary frequent changes. HTH x

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:54 pm

When my daughter was younger we got away with the microfibre inserts (both the small one and the bigger one) with a hemp booster underneath. When she was older and more of a heavier wetter I switched to Issy Bear bamboo inserts, they are a similar shape and quite big so they fitted really well and they are so absorbent - I still use them now to boost my DS's nappies (and he pees for England)

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:20 pm

I have a similar issue, and I was planning on making 2 layer hemp inserts out of a swatch of fabric and covering that with cotton prefolds sewn into the correct shape. Does this sound like it'll work?

My avatar
isaacsma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby isaacsma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I use easypeasy hemp under my large v1 insert when i need my nappy to last a little longer than normal on my 13month old son. I us PD plus 2 easypeasy hemp at night and find they are great. A PD plus one hemp would last ages during the day and really doesnt have much bulk. Another one to try is those long hemp ones which fold up with a microterry top but the name escapes me at the moment. I know babykind sell them tho. X

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:08 pm

We're getting 3 hours out of a BBOS combo insert at the mo, luckily we had some already :D Not too bulky either.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies