hf1

Baba & Boo wading temp

My avatar
Azalea
Clothie
Clothie

Baba & Boo wading temp

Postby Azalea » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Just taken delivery of a red Baba & Boo to try our. The washing instructions on the label IN the nappy says wash at max 40 degrees but the cardboard packaging says you can wash up to 60degrees. I am currently washing all my BG's at 60 (having been told to do so until LO is 3 months) will the B&B be ok at 60. Don't want to ruin it!

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Baba & Boo wading temp

Postby teganplus2 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 pm

I wash my baba & boo's at 40 as a rule but 60 if baba's have thrush and for strip wash and they are fine. If you still aren't sure just email Eve at baba & boo and she'll put your mind at ease I'm sure xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:26 pm

teganplus2 wrote:I wash my baba & boo's at 40 as a rule but 60 if baba's have thrush and for strip wash and they are fine. If you still aren't sure just email Eve at baba & boo and she'll put your mind at ease I'm sure xx

I do the same. Iwash at 40 normally but if someone is sick in the house, I wash at 60. Both the elastic & velcro could fail if continually washed at high temps. Happens with some nappies, doesn't with other, even with nappies of the same make.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:45 pm

I have no baba & boo's but I wash all of ours on 60 as I have two in cloth and don't like the idea of cross contamination. If you have to wash at 40 could you not pop some sanitiser in?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies