Help please

My avatar
Mum2Logan+Connor
Clothie
Clothie

Help please

Postby Mum2Logan+Connor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi All,
I have been loitering here for ages and ages and not posted but I am in need of some advice please! We have a few different nappies but I have recently bought some coolababys (which are really cool colours and designs) but lo is leaking through. We are using the coolababy inserts but they are slipping down and I can't keep them in place. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or should we just give up with them?
I am keen to get him into cloth full time but am starting to loose heart as I can't afford to spend more on wn's etc which I know are brill.
Any advice would be great
Thanks x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help please

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Are the inserts mf? Are they completely sodden inside the nappy?

I always found mf inserts wriggles in my pocket nappies too much & we got leaks. The ones for us that stay put best in our pockets are organic cotton flip inserts or blueberry combo ones (hemp & mf).

If the insert is completely sodden then you might need more absorbency too. Try adding a bamboo booster to help keep them in place & increase absorbency.

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm

I'd scope out the classifieds too for nappies a bit cheaper. Or try some inserts made of bamboo or cotton/hemp.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Sounds like you need more boosting. Petite dessous bamboo and easy peasy hemp are great for adding to pockets. If they are leaking round the leg could be the PUL need re sealing in which case 10 mins in the dryer on hot will do that x

My avatar
Mum2Logan+Connor
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mum2Logan+Connor » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 am

Thanks Ladies. The inserts are MF but are not getting wet. Lo seems to be peeing around them onto just the fleecey bit then as he is wriggling the top is folding down and soaking his clothes. I have some bamboo boosters being sent to me which I will try.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 am

Hhmm I would try tumbling and different inserts. If they wont work for you and some just don't as I have discovered over time. For super cheap I use some old bambino mio flats pad folded in a flip cover. I'd happily send you a couple of prefolds if you had a cover they would work in.
It is really dis-heartening when your still finding what works for you. Good luck.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 am

TBH I've only heard bad things about coolababy nappies. They are terrible for leg gape. Is there a good fit around your baby's legs? All the wee could be just coming out the side. Also the microfibre inserts aren't as thick as the bumgenius ones so it might be worth boosting or swapping out.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:03 am

we actually liked our coolabaies better than BG's but they didn't fit properly till DD was a few months old.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Never tried Coolababies so can't advise. I can second that petite d'sous and Easy Peasy hemp boosters make fabulous inserts for pockets though. Max is a heavy-wetter and that combo has been the only one that has worked for him.

How often are you changing the nappy? Could be you need to change more regularly if LO is a heavy-wetter. Also check out the classifieds for other pockets nappies. Bum Genius and Tots Bots Easyfits V2 have worked great for us.

There is also the reviews section which could help you decide what other nappies to try :wink:

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies