hf1

minki sizing?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

minki sizing?

Postby rhead » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:10 am

i bought dd a large "slinki" (ha!) minki minkee nappy a couple of weeks ago, and it seems enormous on her (she's 9 mos, about 18-19 lbs). it's really bulky, but everybody says they're very reliable, and it does seem less prone to wicking than my other pockets (I'm not one to change nappies every 2 hours, I must admit). so, on impulse, i bought her a medium, but i just looked again at their size chart and it says up to 20 lbs! just wondering if i'm going to get much use out of it.

i probably should have spent the money on that wee notions one-size i've been dreaming about. 8-)

then again, i probaby will anyway.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: minki sizing?

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 am

My dd wears larges but she is a big girl, she weighs 21lbs ( i think thats average ish for her age) but she is very tall and in big clothes, if you buy anymore i think the larges would last a lot longer and wont be too bulky for long. :wink:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm

I find minki sizings on the large side.

A medium standard still fitted my boy when he was 2 1/2 and 30lb approx, however I use large slinkis on the girls as I like to over stuff them as they are for overnight, they are poppered ones and I specifically asked for the poppers to be able to overlap at the front and they still have them overlapped and fully stuffed and they will fit for years I should think :wink:

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 pm

Minkis are super night nappies, but they are huge. Even the slinki ones are huge. When I first saw a large minki I thought that a small adult female could probably fit in it. I thought Kayleigh would never fit in a large, but she finally outgrew the rise (but not the waist) of the medium. However I would never use a minki in the daytime. Even with a slinki minki I don't know how you'd fit a dress over the top of it let alone trousers. BG's are very reliable day nappies that are slim.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Rae wrote:Minkis are super night nappies, but they are huge. Even the slinki ones are huge. When I first saw a large minki I thought that a small adult female could probably fit in it.

:hohoho:

It actually doesn't look as huge on as it does off... well, okay, it does give her a VERY big fluffy bum, but it's still cute under a dress. I can't imagine ever finding a pair of trousers that would go over it, but my minkee pockets are strictly for skirts & dresses anyway. :mrgreen:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:12 pm

As an update, the nappy's just arrived, and it's lovely (probably helps that it's pretty much new whereas the 1st one had been used a fair but, but there you go) - it's actually a standard Minki, not a Slinki Minki, but seems if anything less bulky?? I haven't tried it on dd but it doesn't actually look a whole lot smaller than the large (there's less to it, if you get my meaning, but the rise seems about the same). I think it'll fit for aaaaaages. Hooray!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Hrmm... definitely LOADS of room left! It's still really bulky, I just don't like the fit as much as my WeeNotions!! Stuffed it with a prefold and it was leaking after 1 wee; did the same with a WN and she just wore it for 3+ hours, insert soaked, no leaks. I think it's cause the Minki is so much wider across the crotch, the minkee got folded under and wicked. Not sure how to avoid that!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies