hf1

Nappies for large baby

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Nappies for large baby

Postby ameliepoulin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 pm

What nappies are especially suitable for large babies (builders bum, chubby thighs and tall in height)? Judging by the looks of it, we are heading that way and I want to do my research before hand.

Many thanks,
C.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappies for large baby

Postby tanya » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:39 pm

It's hard to tell a baby's build from early on. My DD was a chubby little baby and ended up a bit of a string bean (tallish and skinny). DS has always been big, but is slimming down now his weight gain has slowed down.

We use a variety of nappies. Goodmamas, Bububebe, Tweedlebum & Tweedlebee, Dunk n Fluff. These all fit my 28lb 17 month old son.

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

tanya wrote:It's hard to tell a baby's build from early on. My DD was a chubby little baby and ended up a bit of a string bean (tallish and skinny). DS has always been big, but is slimming down now his weight gain has slowed down.

We use a variety of nappies. Goodmamas, Bububebe, Tweedlebum & Tweedlebee, Dunk n Fluff. These all fit my 28lb 17 month old son.

Totally agree about the built, Tanya, but still my baby looks like a 1-year old (has the same parameters, loool), and she is barely 6 months old. The height issue is still there, regardlesss of her built, so I am seriously thinking if her Wonderoos and Easyfits will see her through to potty training.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I have an average size baby, but I think Real Easys are good and seem to be quite generous, with a large range per size (since they are sized). Don't know if they are cut like wonderoos though? Same company. But, I can put an average BTP nappy on my 4 year old (i.e. a pop in or a large fuzzi even) because as they grow they change shape etc, so don't expect the waist/thighs to keep on growing at the same rate. A one-size swaddlebees was actually too big on him on the largest setting (he doesnt' wear nappies anymore...was just trying them out to see how they fit!)

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:22 pm

WTS ... I hope!! :hohoho: I'm really glad you've posted this as I'm anxious about ds nappies too - he sometimes has builders bum in his tuttos especially, and they are really difficult to do up at the moment. We've got loads of snaps left round his tummy but his thighs are so big the rise just isn't enough without a lot of work. He's just over 8 months and is 21lb with a nice round tummy and chunky thighs :giggle: So I really hope WTS! It makes sense that as they get bigger their thighs will thin down because they're moving around. Here's looking forward to easier fitting nappies soon!

I'll be keeping an eye out for any high rise nappy advice just in case his thighs continue to grow :shock: ... I've had a little look around :lookround: and am considering getting some high rise WN. DS's lone easyfit does seem fairly high rise though, so I might get more, and I've been told Happy Heiny's are fairly high rise, and apparently Sandys are too, if you do fitteds? I don't *know* this for fact, though, and have only read / been told it from places other than CNT, so maybe someone who knows a lot more than me can say if these things I've been told are right or wrong?! :wink:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 pm

ameliepoulin wrote:
tanya wrote:It's hard to tell a baby's build from early on. My DD was a chubby little baby and ended up a bit of a string bean (tallish and skinny). DS has always been big, but is slimming down now his weight gain has slowed down.

Totally agree about the built, Tanya, but still my baby looks like a 1-year old (has the same parameters, loool), and she is barely 6 months old.

Remember that she will slim down once she starts crawling :wink: My DS was a chunky monkey up the age of around 8-9months when he started crawling and being more active. You may just have to stick to size large for awhile.

WN do higher rise as an option on their pockets but appreciate they are an expensive option.

As for the builders bum - DS gets this in all his nappies :D

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:36 pm

We had the same issue with my DS - serious builders bum! I bought loads of large real easy - but they were too big for him as he slimmed down before I received them. SO if you're interested, I have several new unused waitng for a good home :)

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:25 pm

HH I think are higher rise, but also the nature babies bambini are made specifically for longer babies, and I think diddy diapers have a high-ish rise. i didnt find sandys high though. :D

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Zippy, I'll definitely keep you in mind, I've bought from you before :wave:
Will look into the brands mentioned, as I am not very familiar with them, I don't think I'll be able to afford the expensive ones, asa tempting as they are.
Would love to read more opinions on the subject.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies