hf1

Econappies

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Econappies

Postby flutterby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:54 pm

What do people think of them, I love the pink lemonade print, but I'm not sure I'll love it as much as my WNs and BBs

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Econappies

Postby babyroo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:01 pm

I've not used them but I have got the BB and the econappy in my demo kit.

They look to be an identical shape so should fit the same. The only differences are in the outer and the inner which is OCV on the econappy. Oh and the econappy comes in poppers too.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:05 pm

I should have said I meant my BBSS, I fint the BBOS very bulky at the mo, however I'm sure they won't be for long, I thought the econappy may be less bulky as it's not minkee, but then I loooove minkee, hmm, all my pockets as minkee bar 6 BGs (only used at night) so maybe something not minkee would be a nice change!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Ah I see! I'm not sure it's that much slimmer tbh. I can take a picture of them together tomorrow if you like.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Ooo I would appreciate it, Thanks in advance!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:20 am

Econappie is slimer than a minkee BB. I'm not overly fussed on the hemp combo inserts that come with them - the origional BB hemp combo ones are much better. I would prefer the BG microfibre and easy peasy hemp insert in them to make them as slim as by BG. I actually find the poly outer on the eco less prone to wicking than BB minkee if the inserts are sopping.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 am

The hemp/OCV combo insert that comes with the Econappy is very slim but takes about 10 washes to be up to absorbancy. I use a mf insert on top of its own insert and find that its still a nice slim nappy, comparable to the BG, and it doesnt wick even if the inserts are sopping. Not that keen on the fabric, not sure why :? just not as pretty as I had hoped (I have a plain pink and the pink martini) but its isnt aging like my BGs did and still looks like new.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Thank you for all your replies, I think I'll leave it a little while, but it is certainly on my list! I have a few things to sell so hopefully I'll have funds soon!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies