hf1

Best pocket cloth nappy for a heavy wetter

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best pocket cloth nappy for a heavy wetter

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

What are the best pocket cloth nappies for a heavy wetter? So far the only ones that work for us are BumGenious with a different insert - dunno what the inserts are as have always bought them second hand and no-one seems to know what make they are but they are brilliant!

I have tried other pocket nappies, fitteds, AIOs and they leak every time!

Are any others worth trying?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best Nappy for heavy wetter

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:22 pm

hiya

due to the nature of the pocket nappy, thay are only as absorbant as the insert/s you use to stuff them with. I use fuzzi bunx pockets, wee notions pockets and bum genius pockets during the day. In all of them I use a couple of layers of absorbancy. Usually a ptits dessous bamboo pocket inserts, folded double and a 3 layer microfibre insert in there too

jan x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Im finding the EcoNappy by Swaddlebees very very reliable, and doesnt wick. Im using the combo insert that came with it topped with a cotton babies microfibre insert and it does my moderate to occasionally heavy wetter a good 3-4 hours.

Generally though, I find 2 parters best for reliability for heavy drinking/heavy wetting days.

Sadie xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:08 pm

A weenotions (minki either side snap or one-size) with a bamboo hemp night notions booster is another good option.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm

JanX wrote:hiya

due to the nature of the pocket nappy, thay are only as absorbant as the insert/s you use to stuff them with. I use fuzzi bunx pockets, wee notions pockets and bum genius pockets during the day. In all of them I use a couple of layers of absorbancy. Usually a ptits dessous bamboo pocket inserts, folded double and a 3 layer microfibre insert in there too

jan x

yeah but I have a bumgenius and a wonderoo and he always leaks out of the wonderoo - using the same inserts, same number etc. not sure why this is - think its just him as he was like this even when he was a tiny baby!

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:33 pm

Hiya
My most reliable pocket nappies are Greenkids Anytimes with the greenkids bamboo insert, we can get 4-5 hours out of this nappy which is unheard of with any other pocket when just using the one insert.
I get a maximum of three hours out of an eco-nappi, although it doesn't stop me loving them as they're a great fit and i always change him after three hours anyway.
I tend to use the gk's inserts in other pockets too because they're the best ones i've found so far.
Carolyn xx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:42 pm

[quote="mrstessyman] yeah but I have a bumgenius and a wonderoo and he always leaks out of the wonderoo - using the same inserts, same number etc. not sure why this is - think its just him as he was like this even when he was a tiny baby![/quote]

Different pockets suit different shapes of babies, so what works for one person wont necessarily work for the next. Its just trial and error Im afraid :(

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:48 am

mrstessyman wrote:
JanX wrote:hiya

jan x

yeah but I have a bumgenius and a wonderoo and he always leaks out of the wonderoo - using the same inserts, same number etc. not sure why this is - think its just him as he was like this even when he was a tiny baby!

what inserts do you use? do you put popper vests over the top of the nappies? are his trousers perhaps a little snug over them? all these can effect the nappies performance.

Obviously some babies just wet more than other babies and all different shapes/sizes ect do mean that different nappies suit differently.

I think the most generic nappies I have heard of (as in they seem to fit more babies and suit most) are the bumgenius and blueberry onesize.

jan x

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 am

JanX wrote:
what inserts do you use? do you put popper vests over the top of the nappies? are his trousers perhaps a little snug over them? all these can effect the nappies performance.

Obviously some babies just wet more than other babies and all different shapes/sizes ect do mean that different nappies suit differently.

I think the most generic nappies I have heard of (as in they seem to fit more babies and suit most) are the bumgenius and blueberry onesize.

jan x

erm the inserts i use - in fact the only ones we have had any luck with are these ones...http://www.usednappies.co.uk/21545,auct ... on_details

I have been given some of these, and bought these but no one seems to know what make they actually are! I have tried other inserts, including hemp and other generic boosters but still no avail!

at the moment we are using two of these for daytimes in his BumGenius and one in his sumbuns/kushies AIO and three in his Bumgenius at night. They work great but are very bulky!

Fingers crossed that this next baby is easier and can use any nappies! :lol:

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies