hf1

Best pocket cloth nappy for a heavy wetter

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best Cloth Nappy for heavy wetter

Postby JanX » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am

they look like junior joy shaped nappies to me.

http://www.alami.co.uk/ProductDetails.a ... uctID=3363

do the fill the entire pocket of the nappies lengthways? and also as they are quite thick, if you are using up to 3 at a time you may not be getting a good tight fit around the thighs, which in itself could cause them to leak.

jan x

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Best Nappy for heavy wetter

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:23 am

JanX wrote:they look like junior joy shaped nappies to me.

http://www.alami.co.uk/ProductDetails.a ... uctID=3363

do the fill the entire pocket of the nappies lengthways? and also as they are quite thick, if you are using up to 3 at a time you may not be getting a good tight fit around the thighs, which in itself could cause them to leak.

jan x

yeah they look pretty similar dont they? I do know that a couple of people who I have got htese off were provided these by a nappy laundry that had gone out of business.

When we use 3 in his bumgenius he does not leak but if we use less than 3 overnight he leaks. they fill the bumgenius on hte medium setting almost fully - little half inch gaps at front and back or so.

Used two the other night in his wonderoo and in the morning he was soaked up to his nipples :shock: along with all his teddies, bedding etc!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 am

In all honesty hun I would just say that they simply aren't absorbant enough for him anymore.

I really would suggest having a look for some more absorbant inserts.

jan x

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:04 am

JanX wrote:In all honesty hun I would just say that they simply aren't absorbant enough for him anymore.

I really would suggest having a look for some more absorbant inserts.

jan x

Yeah I figured as much but dont know what to try next! Have stuck with these cause these are the only thing we have found that works at all!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:28 pm

from what i have read on here previously it seems most people use a mixture of fabrics for their stuffing!

I use the following pocket nappies by day:

Fuzzi bunz
wee notions pockets (minki fabric ones and lycra ones)
bum genius
blueberrys

as inserts in our pockets I use:

1 x ptits dessous bamboo insert (or a tri folded bamboo square) with a 3 layer microfibre insert

or

bamboo insert and a hemp insert (the easy peasy hemp ones)

or

wee notions double length inserts in a mix of bamboo and hemp or bamboo and microfibre

or

the microfibre/hemp combo insert that comes with the blueberrys

all these combinations will easily last up to 4 hours (nap time for example)

jan x

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies