hf1

Bumgenius leaking

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Bumgenius leaking

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm

I only have 1 bg, not sure what version it is but I bought it brand new last may and it always leaks.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you think its a faulty nappy or are they just not very good at containing wees?

Not very impressed!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Bumgenius leaking

Postby justme123 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Are you using the BG microfibre insert? Is it soaked when it leaks? It might not be absorbant enough, do you have anything else you could try stuffing it with?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

justme123 wrote:Are you using the BG microfibre insert? Is it soaked when it leaks? It might not be absorbant enough, do you have anything else you could try stuffing it with?

Yeah I am using the microfibre insert but its not usually soaked when it leaks. Got no other inserts to try it with. The leaking is usually round the legs even though its a good fit???

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Try putting it in the tumble dryer for 5-10 mins on hot, it could be that there are stitch holes in the pul, this has worked for me in the past.
I would ditch the microfibre as well and use bamboo or hemp x

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Try putting it in the tumble dryer for 5-10 mins on hot, it could be that there are stitch holes in the pul, this has worked for me in the past.
I would ditch the microfibre as well and use bamboo or hemp x

Thankyou, will try this x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:43 pm

We never got on with MF inserts at all. When compressed mf just squishes the liquid back out causing leaks so if its not solved by putting in the tumble drier then I would ditch the mf insert and use bamboo and hemp ones instead. I have always used a P'tit Dessous bamboo insert on top of an Easy Peasy hemp one in all my pocket nappies.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies