hf1

Best booster for a super soaker

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best booster for a super soaker

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:22 am

OK, I am a little confused - what is the best for a super soaker (booster or pocket insert) microfibre, hemp or bamboo - or a combination? or does it literally depend on each child?

Its just I cannot find anything online with ratings etc on how absorbent they are compared to each other (Kittykins does a star rating on the nappies but not the boosters/inserts).

(I have cross posted this so sorry if you see it more than once)

Thanks

:pregnant:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best booster for a super soaker

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 pm

for our pocket nappies I have found (with all 3 of mine) that the best for heavy wet time is either a combination of microfibre and bamboo or a combo of bamboo and hemp.

for example:

I stuff the fuzzi bunz pockets with 1 x fuzzi bunz microfirbre cloth and a folded in half lengthways ptits dessous bamboo insert, this will easily last 4-5 hours when needed (nap time) and has in fact worked well overnight for Lucas when he was older!

jan x

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:00 pm

JanX wrote:for our pocket nappies I have found (with all 3 of mine) that the best for heavy wet time is either a combination of microfibre and bamboo or a combo of bamboo and hemp.

for example:

I stuff the fuzzi bunz pockets with 1 x fuzzi bunz microfirbre cloth and a folded in half lengthways ptits dessous bamboo insert, this will easily last 4-5 hours when needed (nap time) and has in fact worked well overnight for Lucas when he was older!

jan x

Thanks - see that is the kind of information that i needed to know and which you cant generally find off sites that are trying to sell you stuff! :)

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:26 pm

So to continue further on this
Microfibre is good at catching liquid, but too much of it and it can be like a sponge. If you have numerous microfibre inserts it can squeeze out and cause leaks.
Hemp is slim, and very good at holding a lot of liquid. It is slow to absorb, so not good as the only insert.
Bamboo is a good fabric that will hold a lot and has antibacterial qualities. It is a natural fibre, unlike microfibre.

What I generally use is a microfibre on top and hemp underneath.
The hemp jersey boosters I use are from easy peasy https://sslrelay.com/s130978863.oneando ... shopscript are cheap and work well.
I have also used a ptits dessous bamboo insert folded in half with hemp in the middle, the blueberry microfibre and hemp combo inserts weenotions bamboo and hemp inserts.
I don't really have a favourite. It seems to be the older Kayleigh gets, the more hemp I buy to add to the insert combos.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Rae wrote:So to continue further on this
Microfibre is good at catching liquid, but too much of it and it can be like a sponge. If you have numerous microfibre inserts it can squeeze out and cause leaks.
Hemp is slim, and very good at holding a lot of liquid. It is slow to absorb, so not good as the only insert.
Bamboo is a good fabric that will hold a lot and has antibacterial qualities. It is a natural fibre, unlike microfibre.

What I generally use is a microfibre on top and hemp underneath.
The hemp jersey boosters I use are from easy peasy https://sslrelay.com/s130978863.oneando ... shopscript are cheap and work well.
I have also used a ptits dessous bamboo insert folded in half with hemp in the middle, the blueberry microfibre and hemp combo inserts weenotions bamboo and hemp inserts.
I don't really have a favourite. It seems to be the older Kayleigh gets, the more hemp I buy to add to the insert combos.

thanks for the info/advice! really looking like I am going to have to buy one of each and see which combination works! (or possibly use all 3! :lol:)

Kerry
:pregnant:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi

Mu dd is an extremely heavy wetter, and I have found the best combination is a hemp or bamboo booster/terry/prefold with a microfibre cloth.

Lisa

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies