Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Help - presents for 2 year old!

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Mine loved
LEGO Dublo
Play doh
And this train thing called BRIO train - its made of wooden tracks and pretty oldshool (had it when I was a child too)

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:51 pm

We are going for a mud pie kitchen this time. It was suppose to be for both of them but Seren asked for a food dehydrator.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:25 pm

I think when the kids were little and dd1 had a birthday in Nov , we didn't get lots too knowing that we would want to buy summer toys when the weather improved.

We love duplo and Lego here :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:11 am

autumnalgirl wrote:Sounds perfect Tory. Of course storage can be part; he doesn't mind!
I want this duplo set, but apparently we already have too much! I only want it because it has an ostrich!!!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/le ... 2204150001

What isn't to love about that - the spaceship is so cute!

Louise wrote:If you are short on space this would also be great to make

That is cute but at the moment we've only got our lovely antique chairs which I'm not sure would stand repeated play!

Aeseldyr wrote:And this train thing called BRIO train - its made of wooden tracks and pretty oldshool (had it when I was a child too)

We've already got the Ikea and Lidl version of this (plus Brio stuff in storage in Oz) - they all fit together and that is what he got for his birthday - he loves it!

Kim wrote:We are going for a mud pie kitchen this time

What is that @Kim

confusinglady wrote:I think when the kids were little and dd1 had a birthday in Nov , we didn't get lots too knowing that we would want to buy summer toys when the weather improved.

I think I'll start doing that next year @confusinglady , having just a small birthday present then getting something mid year - it is such a long wait 11 months for any new things! At least we get lots of sunny days even in winter so the trampoline he got for his birthday has already had lots of use!

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 pm

I can't find a picture of the one we are getting but you can get the idea from this one. It's basically a wooden kitchen that you have in the garden with a tub of mud and some bowls, spoons etc. @clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:01 pm

OMG Remy is totally loving baking with us at the moment - he would LLLLLOOOOVVVVVEEEE this :love: - I'm going to tag dh :giggle: :giggle: :lookround: :twisted: @MrC - have we got time to whip up a mud kitchen before Christmas??????

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:43 pm

clothmama wrote:OMG Remy is totally loving baking with us at the moment - he would LLLLLOOOOVVVVVEEEE this :love: - I'm going to tag dh :giggle: :giggle: :lookround: :twisted: @MrC - have we got time to whip up a mud kitchen before Christmas??????

We have a mud kitchen at school. All the children love it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:50 pm

We had a chat and decided this will be a perfect bribe for spending lots of time in the garden when I need to in the spring and the weather is better so I can let him run naked!!! We are going to start looking out for old pots / bowls etc :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:36 pm

All kids love a mud kitchen :)
They are very 'in' here , for good reason - lots of messy fun!
I used to make mud pies as a kid so I think I would ve loved it too!

Previous

Return to The Christmas Grotto