hf1

Santa etiquette?

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Santa etiquette?

Postby rachel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 am

Just wondered what your thoughts are on presents from grandparents?? Oli and Evie have 3 sets of GP's and DH and I think that, not to spoil the magic of santa, that all presents should be from him :wink: So last year our presents and the GP's presents, as far as Oli knows, were from Santa Claus. Otherwise, if he knows that his presents are from his granparents, he is going to wonder why mummy and daddy didn't get him a christmas present, DYKWIM??

When I was young, when I went to my nana's on Christmas day my mum used to say that he had left some there too, which I believed, but we always have the GP's to our house on the day, so that wouldn't work.

Opinions or what you all do??

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Santa etiquette?

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 am

We have always had Santa pressies, and then the pressies under the tree from family and friends :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:21 am

eviesmummy wrote:We have always had Santa pressies, and then the pressies under the tree from family and friends :)

Same here - I think we used to have presents from Mum and Dad, but then Santa would bring us one or two main presents - or Mum would say that they had asked Santa to get it for us and given him the money or something like that! We will do the same when DD understands.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 am

We have a christmas sack for each of the kids with all their little stocking type things in and maybe one bigger present, which is left on their bed from Santa. But the main present we put under the tree and give to them from us and then they have their grandparent's presents from them. Our parents live so far away that when they see them always varies widely, as with their aunty and uncle who this year will be visiting in the week leading up to christmas (they live all the way down in Weymouth) and will bring presents then which we will let them open so aunty and uncle can see their reactions. Works for us

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:24 am

We give the kids stockings each from santa with all the smallish bits in, then the big stuff is from us and family. They haven't really asked any questions, but would likely say we send him lists and he buys it all from everyone and delivers it :oops: :giggle: Something vague like that :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 am

I believe that children should know who their presents came from so they can say thank you. We have always had stockings and 1 big present from Santa. The rest were from our parents and family and friends. I do the same for my children. I have always found it very strange when people say all their childrens presents are from Santa. :oops: I know my 3 would find it very odd not getting presents from Mummy and Daddy at Christmas when they do for birthdays.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 am

I do what my mum and dad did for me as a kid and thats one special present from santa and then the presents from everyone else go under the tree :) The stocking presents are also from us...

I agree with Louise that i like them to know who their presents are from and also i wouldnt want them wondering why we hadnt bought them any presents...they are too young to think like that atm though i guess but i would worry about it anyway :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 am

Main present and stockings are from Santa here and the rest are from family. It depends on what works for your family though, and whether the GPs want to give 'Santa' presents or give them from themselves. Mine tend to do a bit of both.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Louise wrote:I believe that children should know who their presents came from so they can say thank you. We have always had stockings and 1 big present from Santa. The rest were from our parents and family and friends. I do the same for my children. I have always found it very strange when people say all their childrens presents are from Santa. :oops: I know my 3 would find it very odd not getting presents from Mummy and Daddy at Christmas when they do for birthdays.

^wss

Next

Return to The Christmas Grotto