hf1

Somewhere along the line Christmas changed unknown to me.

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Somewhere along the line Christmas changed unknown to me.

Postby mama2boyz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:16 pm

So a parcel arrives from Amazon the other day.

Didn't know if DH had placed it and sometimes I preorder things so they arrive automatically when they're published...

Had my 6yo's name on the address label,I opened it with him there not thinking anything of it.

Turned out it was his Xmas present from DH's sister.
Not wrapped and the only way I figured out why we got sent this was the Amazon receipt saying Gift from R Bloggs.

To be honest, I'm miffed.

They own and rent out two properties and live in one worth £1million ( :shock: ) complete with indoor heated swimming pool and garden staff but they can't be bothered to pay the £3 extra for gift wrap on an £8 present.

The result is that my little boy's Xmas present from his aunt is not a Xmas present under the tree in his mind but a book sent to him (he hates books and aunt knows this).

Personally I think that's being cheap no matter what your income bracket.

Then tonight DH gets a text from his equally well-off parents saying that their gifts will be coming directly from Amazon 'as it's cheaper' and we'll have to wrap them.

So somewhere along the line there was an official announcement saying that presents are now 'wrap-your-own' and I must be the only person who didn't know this.

Honestly! ESPECIALLY for a child for whom unwrapping the gift is half the fun, they could at least wrap it.

I'd love to talk to SIL about this in a genuinely non-confrontational way but DH won't let me and as it's his family I'm keeping out of it.

Oh,and she had also sent a text (which she never does) saying 'I hear your boys like Lego,mine want Meccano' which I thought was a bit rude and then she sends a book! But I'm being a bit catty on that point and should just let it slide.

For the record,I got her boys Meccano (£15 each) and had it gift-wrapped for them. I don't see why DH's nephews should miss out bc of her.

ETA: postage from Amazon is free.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Somewhere along the line Christmas changed unknown to me.

Postby mummy_goose1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Thats bloody awful. Im sorry, but if u cant be arsed to wrap a prezzie for a child then thats bad.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Thats is rubbish, but its stops you wondering how they got so rich! Did DS see it? Can you wrap it? I know it doesnt make them any better, but it might be more fun for DS. You can also tell them that you wrapped it for them when you 'thank'them for it!!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:56 pm

If it was me I'd have the meccano posted to ds with pics of him opening up on Facebook :giggle: I'd return the favour personally. What's good for the goose and all that. Maybe find the most randomly cheap thing on amazon for the inlaws too, maybe some wrapping paper? I would never give a gift to a child unwrapped, half the fun is the surprise of opening, :hug: I can understand why you are miffed I would be too. Some people have more money than sense unfortunately.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

My DH entire family do this (prehaps we're related :giggle:) it does annoy mr but I kinda expect it now so you can imagine my face when I called to check what SIL two children are into this year as they have never come down for a visit so I don't know what they are into now (we use to go up 4-5 times a year but got fed up of it always being one way) anyway I was told there not bothering this year seems pointless to buy presents to post they will get there girls something from us and we can get ours something from them.
Now if that's not the spirit of Christmas I don't know what is.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 pm

:hug: That is terrible. The best part of Christmas is watching children opening their gifts.

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 pm

My MIL does this to and it annoys me a lot too. I think its quite inconsiderate of the children actually. I try not to rise to it and ensure that there present is lovingly made and wrapped by their fantastic grandchildren aged 4 and 2! :hohoho:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 pm

:shock: I# think that is shocking, I don't care how big or teeny budget is there has been no effort put into that. They have bought a gift he won't like and just had it sent in a cardboard box!!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Maybe they have so much money because they haven't spent it on wrapping paper and ribbon over the years :giggle: Seriously, that's a bit off and I'd be miffed too.

Next

Return to The Christmas Grotto