hf1

Please help bad neck!

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Please help bad neck!

Postby Katielou » Sun May 03, 2015 6:17 am

Hi everyone woke up yesterday ok, as the day went on i developed a stiff neck that got worse and worse. Could barely move head by the end of the day. Went to bed praying to feel better in morning but i don't :-(!!! Have taken ibuprofen and cocodamol, used deep heat and heat pack and not helping. Partner was out till early hours watching boxing so won't be getting much help and have 4yr and 7month old to look after. If anyone has any idea of anything that may help me get through the day I would really appreciate hearing it!! Thanks in advance.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Please help bad neck!

Postby Sunset » Sun May 03, 2015 7:25 am

DH had similar recently, the Dr had to prescribe him codeine and he was out of action for 3 days as he could barely move.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 am

@Sunset, that sounds awful. Thankfully mine isn't as severe as that, I can move its just with a lot of discomfort. Out of action is not an option. Cocodamol is codeine and paracetamol so hopefully I'm along right lines.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:50 am

Apply a a foot to darling partners side and if that proves ineffective try an regular course of toddler love on him. A strong cuppa and he'll be fine. You get some rest honey x

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 am

@ems101 that has made me laugh at least!!! I'll give it a go wish me luck!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue May 05, 2015 6:31 pm

@Katielou How is your neck now?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Tue May 05, 2015 9:35 pm

It's much better thanks for asking @JabberJabber it was mainly a waiting it out thing I think but rubbing in deep heat really hard and moving through the pain a bit seemed to help.

Return to Baby, childrens and family health