hf1

Yucky cough and chesty. help please!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Yucky cough and chesty. help please!

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:32 pm

my dd is really struggling... took her 2hrs to get off to sleep tonight, and only coz i gave her another bottle and rocked her to sleep. now i don't mind either of these two (love the cuddles!) but it's not the norm, and she is really struggling. Hubby was at work, but i sent him out to get karvol, and i now have a hankie tied to her cot with some on. I have raised one end of her cot about 1.5inches... is there anything else i can do? Havent done cough med as apparently its useless? she did have calpol... but again, not sure if that will really help?
she is sleeping so lightly.. i can hear her tossing and turning. the minute she starts coughing again i reckon she's gonna wake up..... hate my baby being poorly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Yucky cough and chesty. help please!

Postby bekhi1983 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 am

Callum has the snots! We've had a few bad days/nights. its not nice seeing them ill, so I feel for you :hug: Galpseud helps to dry up the excess fluid (children's version of Sudafed) but I'm not sure what age its from, ds 1 use to get it prescribed from the Dr for chesty coughs/ snots and some pharmacy's will sell it without a prescription.

Also Vix vapour rub, we've been gently rubbing a small amount of this into Callums back as the vapours help clear his nose so he can breathe easier, it also helps with chesty coughs. Honey can also help with coughs, although not for long. Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery. xx

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 am

Just looked at your signiture and notices she's 9 months, so honey's out of the question. Sorry xx

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:44 am

We used to sit with the suffering child in the bathroom, with the shower on hot, creating a steam room. That can help ease coughs and blocked noses.

Return to Baby, childrens and family health