hf1

Anyone got a Brother XR6600 sewing machine?

Anyone got a Brother XR6600 sewing machine?

Postby Frances » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 am

DH is buying me a new sewing machine :wine: and I really like the look of this one , particularly as I love my Brother overlocker. it seems to be a good mid-range machine with lots of functionality, but reviews a re a bit thin on the ground. If anyone has one I'd appreciate feedback before I click buy :D
My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Re: Anyone got a Brother XR6600 sewing machine?

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:51 am

No I have my lovely Husky!

This one is a bargain - http://www.sewingmachinediscount.co.uk/ ... -c0-v0.htm
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Site Admin

Postby Frances » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 am

clothmama wrote:No I have my lovely Husky!

This one is a bargain - http://www.sewingmachinediscount.co.uk/ ... -c0-v0.htm

Thanks Tory. I found the user manual online, it looks fab and it's now mine :widesmile:
My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby Babs » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi I am a newbie looking to buy a sewing machine and have also been looking at the Brother XR6600. Now you have had yours for a while are you pleased with it and would you recommend it as a good buy.
I would be grateful for any comments and advice
Thanks Babs
My avatar
Babs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Frances » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Babs wrote:Hi I am a newbie looking to buy a sewing machine and have also been looking at the Brother XR6600. Now you have had yours for a while are you pleased with it and would you recommend it as a good buy.
I would be grateful for any comments and advice
Thanks Babs

Yep, it's fab and I can thoroughly recommend it :D Had a few tension probs till I realised I should only be using Brother bobbins, and it's worth knowing that the lower thread very occasionally comes out of the bobbin tension bit; keep an eye on it and it should be fine.
My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby Babs » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Thank you for answering so quick Frances you have really helped with my decision making. Thank you also for your tension tip :wave:
My avatar
Babs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ClareBear » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:48 am

I used to have a Brother, but have recently bought a new Toyota Sewing Machine. I am now happily making myself a mustard skirt with a zip at the back. I’m getting back in the sewing swing, it’s amazing what getting a new machine can do for you.
My avatar
ClareBear
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm

@clothmama

which husqvarna do you have?

@Frances - does your machine cope with heavier fabrics / multiple layers? Could you make a fitted nappy with it or sew denim?
My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Frances » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:07 pm

sim wrote:@clothmama

which husqvarna do you have?

@Frances - does your machine cope with heavier fabrics / multiple layers? Could you make a fitted nappy with it or sew denim?

It's fine with several layers - I've made a few nappies (including turned and topstitched ones) and night CSP. I can feel it's making extra effort with, say, 4 layers including fleece and bamboo fleece, velour and terry, but it's managed so far. I've sewn cord, but not denim.
My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!