hf1

Help!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Help!

Postby g murphy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:23 pm

I have been given some terry squares for Bert but have never used them before! any advice! lol. have got Nippas and wraps. x

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help!

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:17 pm

I loved them! Bit of a learning curve for the folding, but once you've cracked that, they're ace! Excellent containment, adjustable fit, dry really fast, boostable.

I'm about to remind myself how to fold them for my impending arrival, as it's 4 years since I did it, but no doubt YouTube has lots of demos. If I remember rightly, I learned from the Nappy Lady website last time, and used the origami fold.

In fastened with a nippa and covered with a wrap.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:27 pm

ooh will have a look there hun. there was also some muslins in the bag can i use these for the early days? x

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:02 pm

I believe some people do, but I wouldn't personally. My dd was always a heavy wetter, so I prefer to stick to something more absorbant. Muslins don't go wrong though - burp cloths, sheet toppers, boob covers, sun shades, etc etc!

My avatar
LeezMaree
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LeezMaree » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 pm

I used terry squares for the first year of my sons cloth bum days. Am guessing you're having a boy as you've referred to the baby as Bert lol. For boys, I found the best fold was to fold the terry in half and lay it flat with the open end away from you. Then pick up the top left corner of the top layer and carry it over to the right top corner and put it down, so it's an upside down triangle. Then turn the whole thing over carefully (to begin with) and to your left should be a rectangle and to the right just the right side of the triangle from underneath. Fold the rectangle in towards the middle three times, so there's the triangle at the back and then the rectangle folded into a pad on the front. Does that make sense? Then when you put it on the baby, once you've nippa'd the front, tuck the leg pieces in. You can fold the triangle corners over on themselves to begin with, I used 60cm x 60cm ones to begin with, with a few Motherease wraps. I had 24 terries, they were great <3 Dry overnight on the radiator, no fuss lol.

If that doesn't make sense, shout and I'll see if I can find the folding instructions I used :)

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds