hf1

Terry squares.

My avatar
Hilary5911
Clothie
Clothie

Terry squares.

Postby Hilary5911 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi, has anyone any experience of using terry squares on a toddler ? My 3yr old is absolutely no where near dry despite plenty of trying and is still full time in nappies, up till about 2 weeks ago he always wore disposables but they were costing a fortune while money is tight and didn't encourage him to get dry so I bought some terry squares. The only problem is he hates having a terry changed although he doesn't mind once it's on. It wasn't too much of a problem for the first few days as I only put them on him at night but now he's in them full time he creates a terrible fuss at change time. Any tips on how to change a terry with an unco-operative 3 yr old ?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Terry squares.

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:36 pm

distraction is the best we've found.
either a toy or something they can hold/play with whilst you change their nappy - stops little hands from coming and 'helping' too ;)

My avatar
Hilary5911
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Terry squares.

Postby Hilary5911 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks, I try the usual distraction techniques but he still manages to put up a fight! He's to big too go on the changing unit but when I do him on the floor or sofa he tries to escape so I'm not sure how else I can change him. I did initially use nippas but found them awkward so for the last few days I've resorted to safety pins which I find easier, at least now I can concentrate on pinning one side before doing up the other ! Does anyone else bother with pins these days I feel like I'm the only one who uses them :-)

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds