hf1

Anybody successfully use prefolds?

My avatar
Twinkeystar75
Clothie
Clothie

Anybody successfully use prefolds?

Postby Twinkeystar75 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi All, I'm considering trying some prefolds. Have anybody ever tried and happy enough to stick with them? Thanks :) Grace.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Anybody successfully use prefolds?

Postby Jellybelly6 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Em, yes, me sort of. I had prefolds (Cotton Bottoms) eight years ago with my eldest son. I used them for about a year before getting fed up with them and going back to disposables. I only bought the one size so had waited until LO was big enough to fit them and could have done with bigger ones at the end (good boosters eluded me at the time).

I borrow smalls this time so along with my originals I have used them on and off the whole way through. I find them versatile, great for using flat on the changing mat etc as well as an actual nappy. I loved the Flip wrap with them this time. I got some Thisties hemp prefolds this time and they are my absolute favourite, most reliable nappy and never get crisp. I mostly use pockets though as they suit the grandparents, DH and childcare but would say you can't go wrong with some trusty prefolds in your collection!

My avatar
Twinkeystar75
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Twinkeystar75 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks! That sounds encouraging. I will definitely try some then. I imagine they would be much easier/quicker to dry. :) XX Grace.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 am

Yes :)
I used them exclusively on dd1 and used them with a mixture of pockets, fitteds and terries with dd2.
I had loads of leaks with dd1 as i had the bambino mio system and the wraps let me down as they leaked and wicked due to cotton outer. The key is getting a good wrap. I love thirties duo and lots of people love the flips.
They can be more bulky between the legs than pockets or some fitteds and once mine have started walking I prefer something slimmer.
I would always have prefolds in my stash and as @jellybelly6 says the thirsties hemp ones are lovely too :) very slim and absorbent and don t go crunchy... They do take a bit longer to dry having hemp in them ;)

Hope that helps.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sat May 24, 2014 5:50 pm

I love them and use them daily. We have Bambino Mio ones we have some preloved old wraps from my cousin these are unreliable however, new mio wraps are fantastic. No issues at all.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Im another fan here :) we used flips prefolds from birth with both the boys alongside fitteds and wool x

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds