Bewildered by Boosters!

My avatar
wrenma
Clothie
Clothie

Bewildered by Boosters!

Postby wrenma » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Hello wise nappy mamas :-)

I have just found my perfect nappy in the disana tie-on! As my LO is now 18 months, I am boosting it with some bamboo flat nappies which work great but are slightly too long so we end up with a bulky end. I've been investigating other bamboo boosters that might give a better fit and and am torn between - Little Lamb bamboo booster, Little Lamb bamboo pocket insert & Blueberry bamboo prefolds. Does anyone know if there is much difference in absorbancy/suitability? Or can recommend any other boosters? I've only really used fitteds before & I need to get some sorted before we head off on holidays next weekend!

TIA xxx

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Bewildered by Boosters!

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Little lamb bamboo boosters are great - we get 1.5 hours extra out of one of them
they are also lovely and thin

If you want something to last much longer ie overnight - we love petit desous inserts - they are amazing and along with an old style tots bots bamboozle - that lasts us overnight!

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 pm

I would say if you're boosting with a terry, you'll probably want an insert or prefold rather than a booster. I don't have any experience with either blueberry prefolds or ll inserts, but both look pretty good and quite cheap. Maybe give both a try and let us know? (don't know if that's an option...)

My avatar
wrenma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby wrenma » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for your advice - I have actually done just that and ordered a few inserts and prefolds to compare . I figured the booster might not be enough on it's own. Will let you know the results!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm

I sometimes use disana tie ons with a littlelamb bamboo booster, they work great. I put one or two underneath the flap IYNWIM. Petit dessous bamboo inserts also work well. @wrenma, what wraps do you use? The only thing that I've found that fits over them is a wool soaker.

My avatar
wrenma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby wrenma » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Hmm I am intrigued by these petit dessous boosters - I'd never heard of the brand beofre but I am going to France next week, perhaps I can pick some up while I'm there!

@Mumof5 I've only used wool soakers with the tie-ons. I use the Disana pull on pants at night and if we're out and about as they seem to be pretty bombproof and my own soakers and longies the rest of the time. They're not bombproof but they are lighter to wear IYKWIM!

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds